How is everyone doing today? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is everyone doing today?

Comments

• jasmineirani
    jasmineirani Scope Volunteer Posts: 103 Pioneering
    Yes the drive was lovely thank you. I love going on drives and seeing the beautiful countryside. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,791 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry your having a bad time of it @Ronni, i hope you get everything sorted, take care 
    @jasmineirani congrats on being an Auntie, exciting times ahead, glad you had a nice drive
  • jasmineirani
    Good morning everyone. Thank you Grinchy for the nice comment. Has everyone heard the good news that the first 16 shops are opening on Monday. I think it is Monday I am not to sure. I don't know which branches are opening though. 
  • Jomiranda
    Jomiranda Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Hi everyone, we are having a rough time at the moment, our Son who is 30 has Developmental Dyspraxia & although we & all that know our Son say he also shows Autistic Spectrum, but the Learning Disability lady said that he didn't on her 1hr visit about 6mths ago now. The Mental health team also had written on his record Schizophrenia which we didn't know, we were told Simple Psychosis. Our Son has taken himself off Meds & just before Lockdown, had a girl he knew from School say they would like to be girlfriend boyfriend, then changed her mind. This Really has knocked our Son back a long way mentally. He has been staying at our House with his Puppy since Lockdown & it's been very stormy conversations & his upset & hurt & frustration comes out once or twice daily, going over & over it. He does also say he will just get on & look on singles sites like Badoo, he knows to go out for a walk, but the Not having someone to love & hold & do things with Really hurts him desperately.  His outbursts make my husband feel near to calling for Commiting him into Hospital, but I don't want or think this is a Good/Best way forward, because he has PTSD already from the Meds he used to be on, they caused Great weight gain & he didn't recognise himself from pic's, which adds to his upset. He does also have a Good vue of what & where he wants to be ahead of him, he wants to move again & do Gym again & focuses on where he would like to end up Working. His Ear's had Examination at Specsavers & he has something like a High frequency name for it. What can I do to Help what direction or Action should we take. He literally says Dr's want him on Tablets that change him& are Only looking at the Word Schytsophrainia, Instead of looking at testing for Autistic Spectrum & doing something for his Ear's. Any Advice Please.
  • jasmineirani
    Good morning everyone how is everyone doing. I can't believe all the shops are opening up today. I am so sorry that your son has Developmental dyspraxia. I also suffer with dyspraxia but it is not developmental dyspraxia I don't think so anyway. He will get there I'm sure. Take care everyone. 
  • jasmineirani
    Good morning everyone. sorry I haven't been online for ages but I have been really busy. I have been going out quite a bit lately for our drives. We went yesterday and it was pouring down with rain. We had fish and chips in the car. Very disappointing. Hope everyone is well and keeping themselves safe. 
  • jasmineirani
    I forgot to ask is some people back in there shops yet. I haven't gone back because I volunteer in the head office. I think that will be quite some time yet. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ronni, how are you getting on? It must be so frustrating for you not to receive the right shopping. Especially when it affects your health.

Hi @jasmineirani, some of our shops are open now. However, we don't know when the office will be open again.
    Scope

• jasmineirani
    Good afternoon Chloe. I don't when the offices will open. Nothing about the offices opening in the weekly update newsletter either. I suppose we just have to wait and find out. I am scared that I might lose my volunteering role. I hope they don't say no to me. Fingers crossed. 
  • ScoliFibroGirl
    ScoliFibroGirl Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    trying to muddle through a wave of feeling extremely tired
  • christian96
    christian96 Posts: 101 Courageous
    Trying to cope with endo. How are you all?
  • jasmineirani
    Good afternoon Christian. What is endo. How are you doing anyway hopefully keeping safe. what have you been up to today. Take care. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,791 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning everyone. Grinchy that sounds interesting what you are doing. I have never sculpted before. How do you do it? I am doing alright thank you. I am still doing my meditation which helps.

Sorry i didn't reply to your post, i sculpt in water based clay, and make moulds to make monster latex masks and props, theres a few of my pieces in the artwork thread, as for me i'm feeling tired today, had a couple of seizures yesterday, wipes me out, so i'm just taking it easy today, hope everyone is doing ok

• jasmineirani
    That sounds very interesting Grinchy. How are you today. Hope all is well. I can't wait to get back to my volunteering. Are you back in your store yet. 
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @AlisonNetty! Lovely to hear from you. How have you been? :)
    Scope

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I've haven't been to bad. Had a flare up last week....but ok now. Thanks for asking  @Chloe_Scope xx
  • Chloe_Scope
    Good afternoon Chloe. I don't when the offices will open. Nothing about the offices opening in the weekly update newsletter either. I suppose we just have to wait and find out. I am scared that I might lose my volunteering role. I hope they don't say no to me. Fingers crossed. 
    Hi @jasmineirani, I hope you will find out soon about the office. There are no plans to lose any staff, thank you for your time and patience. :)
    Scope

• jasmineirani
    Thank you so much Chloe. I really appreciate that. My stress levels can go down now. 
  • jasmineirani
    I hope you get better soon. I am so sorry about your flare ups. 

Brightness