Terrified of Telephone Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Terrified of Telephone Tribunal

misurrepeanut
misurrepeanut Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I am going to have my telephone tribunal this Thursday and the DWP have sent me a letter detailing that they have made a new decision on my claim and given me 0 points. I was awarded 5 points on my mandatory consideration. Hence my whole reason for doing the tribunal in the first place. Has anyone got any experience of this which could help me already extremely anxious mind

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community great to have you on board.

You need to go through your bundle and highlight the descriptors you think you should have scored for, and then give real examples of what happens when you try to do this task, what happens, when , how any support or aids you use. Just saying you cant do something isnt enough you need to explain why you cant and how this affects you day to day. eg if I walk 10 steps then I am in pain and have to rest for the rest of the day and take some pain relief

Have a note pad near by and make notes on what you want to get across if they havent been covered by the panels questions then add them in when they ask you at the end

Good luck anything else you want to know just ask keep us updated
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @misurrepeanut please don’t worry, I know , I know but honestly I went through it with my son a few weeks ago. Didn’t even have to open the bundle, just asked questions like a chat. I agree with @janer1967 though, have the notes ready. Good luck x
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Good advice there Lulu  :) we are so excited for tomorrow, gonna miss you all but we'll be home sunday x we know how luckty we are to be going for a break but had rough couple of years so kind of deserve it and weve tried our best to be kind and help lots  :)x
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Have a lovely time Katho, you deserve it ,and yes kindness is no.1 in my opinion, speak soon ?x
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Very true  :) have you been onto the GoGroupie website? the offers are amazing, think i mentioned it but memory all over place tonight....xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.