Pip and housing benefit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and housing benefit

ali901
ali901 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi there all I just wanted to ask  I get pip standard rate and would I get a extra payment  or top up on my unversial Credit or housing benefit. And do I need to tell unversial. Credit  that I receive pip. Thank

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community PIP and UC are totally different benefit and there is no top up payment just for getting PIP.

In order to get a top up payment you need to be declared as limited capability for work and work related activities.
    known as LCWRA. This process starts by you declaring a new illness in your on line journal and then submitting fit notes, once you have submitted fit notes fort 28 days you should be referred for a work capability assessment and sent the UC50 form to complete and then have a f2f or at present a phone assessment, this will then determine which group you are placed in and if any extra payment is due 

There is plaenty of information in our benefits section relating to this
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @ali901. It's definitely worth informing UC that you receive PIP. While it does not directly improve your UC award or grant you LCWRA, it can have some benefits to your UC.

For example, it lifts the benefit cap and it can give you a higher rate LHA if you're private renting.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ali901
    Hi yes  I'm getting my uc and housing benefit paid together? 
  • ali901
    Just been placed in my housing association property 1 bed flat so I'm on lcw as well but just wanted to know if I'm eligible for top up housing benefit as I get standard pip as well.
  • ali901
    So I get my Hb together with my lwc UC claim
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @ali901. I assume you mean that your housing is covered with your Universal Credit, rather than a separate payment?
    As you are in a 1 bedroom housing association property, they should already be covering your full rent within your UC. Are they not?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.