Hi guys just a pip query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi guys just a pip query

lauren987
lauren987 Community member Posts: 49 Connected
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i spoke to pip today about my payments and 12,900 is due out to me tomorrow but the guy on the phone said because its a huge payment it could bounce back to them and may need sending in smaller amounts. Im so anxious and stressed now even though his supervisor said it shouldnt. Has anyone ever had issues with big backpays being sent to them? Its been checked and approved by the manager last weds and its already been processed. Can you please help as my anxiety is bad and for once i thought i could relax but cant

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lauren987

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope ?

I am very very sorry about your problems with your pip payment.?

We have got some info from one of our current members below for you.

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/71497/tribunal-win-when-will-i-get-my-first-payment-and-when-are-payments-backdated-until

Please please let me know if you need any further help/advice????

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I am sorry I have not come across this before, your just need to keep your fingers crossed it comes in whole amount, if not I am sure there wont be much gap maybe smaller amounts but all insame day ? I dont really know

Does it matter if you dont get it as a lump sum ?

Try and not stress over it you may be worrying over nothing
  • janer1967
    If they are saying it may bounce back this could be at the bank end and not DWP maybe contact your bank to make sure they dont send it back
  • lauren987
    @janer1967 I did a live chat with barclays so they said alls good their end and it wouldnt matter having it in seperate payments but it would mean waiting several more days when i was told its tomorrow but with fast payments its less but as its bacs it should be fine
  • janer1967
    Good stop worrying over it easier said than done I know 

Let us know how you get on tomorrow and no waiting up till after midnight to check payments sometimes dont hit bank till DWP have fired up their systems in a morning 
  • lauren987
    Yeah i took double of my amitriptyline today so i can get a decent sleep tonight not being up waiting plus i got a busy day tomorrow so need to get my rest as fatigue effects me with my heart condition. I plan to get an early night
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @lauren987. Did you receive your payment alright? Hopefully it's with you now and you can rest a bit easier.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lauren987
    Yes though im still waiting on my esa premium backpay but my bank did temporarily block my card as i spent 9 grand of it in two days paying off debts and upgrading my sofas and cooker etc. Its nice to finally be debt free and be able to pay for things i couldnt afford to upgrade before now. Certainly has helped
  • lauren987
    @Adrian_Scope also my esa was 3 days late but thankfully it was just because I updated them about my pip
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lauren so glad you got your payment, great news a big relief for you take care ?
  • lauren987
    @Lou67 it sure is, in total ive been waiting 5 years and the 3rd time i applied in 2018 i wasnt going to appeal but so glad i did gain the strength to go for a tribunal as they rarely get it wrong and i would never of got high rate for both if i gave up. Also so glad i got my med evidence as thats the main reason i won and at one point i wasnt going to waste my time getting it but so glad i did now. Stress is worth it in the end ?
  • Lou67
    Oh great news Lauren, I know exactly how your feeling I first applied for pip back in Feb 2017 was refused had appeal in August 2018 I won ? it ran out February past I only got 6 points for daily living and 10 for mobility so got standard mobility, I put in MR git letter on Saturday my mobility got changed to Enhanced I’m delighted about that, but no change to DL I’m going to appeal as I truly believe I should get at least another 2 points or more, I can only try sorry for the rant lol anyway great news I’m happy for you ☺️
  • lauren987
    edited July 2020
    @Lou67 thats amazing my mobility got changed from low to high in tribunal. Im so glad i had my tribunal on the phone cos of covid as i coped better than face to face one and it helped massively. When my son was younger i was getting dla for him as hes severely autistic and has multiple delays etc and at first i was only getting medium for him but found out someone i know whos child literally had nothing wrong (i swear as i knew the child) was getting high rate cos she lied alot on her claim so i appealed my sons and got high rate as i had to feed him messy food all the time even at 5 years old as he would always drop it else and other issues. Hes not with me now due to his problems and my health and hasnt been since my health got worse to cope in 2015 but hes come on many leaps and bounds now. Some people will get loads in benefits when they dont need it whereas us go.through **** to get it
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Very pleased to read that all is now OK @lauren987 - it must be a massive relief. It's good you found the phone tribunal easier too. :)
  • Lou67
    Aww it’s a nightmare of a process to go through, glad your sons came on better now, and you can trying sit back now and relax ?
  • lauren987
    @chiarieds yeah i get too nervous face to face and think its why i failed my first ever one. So easier to explain sometimes on the phone without all the eyes glaring at you ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Really pleased for you @lauren987 and it's great to hear you've been able to pay off debt and improve you home. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.