I won my appeal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my appeal

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi @Lulu_1949 - I sort of presumed he'd fallen off a ladder as that's often how ankle fractures happen....the physio in me coming out. Btw hope you're thinking about how you walk. Good for you in persuading him to go for a tribunal. Nothing will compensate for what he's gone through, but hopefully his tribunal win will help so he can then drive himself. My son is nearly 34. He said to me nearly 5 years ago, 'Come & live near me & I will help you'....which he has done. I still sort some things out for him, which he asks me to do.....it's a 2 way process. Sounds like you're as proud of your son as I am mine. :)
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Options
    @chiarieds, yes I am so proud of him and our daughter, love them to bits and they are always there for us. And as you say it is a two way process.We have not been able to get out for 14 weeks because my husband is vulnerable and I just limp round the house holding onto things since my replacement hip. .(the kids bought me a push frame thingy )it will be such a help for our son because my husband used to drive him about everywhere.he got standard in both so tiny bit disappointed he didn’t get enhanced and got 10 points instead of 12 but pleased he got something. 
    So handy you knowing about physio. I’m still doing the exercises the hospital gave me to do but my walking doesn’t seem to be improving. Still in a lot of pain, had my accident 31st October. Xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.