Hairdressers ?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hairdressers ??

serenity2
serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
Hi
i have a hairdressers appointment Later today ...I’ve never been keen on going to the hairdressers, the small talk doesn’t really appeal to me, so prior to lockdown I had a mobile hairdresser..due to the lock down she is no longer able to visit...so..a new salon has opened in my area and I have an appointment ?...
I had a video call consultation prior to arranging the appointment which went well..(now that it is advised, talking is less between client and hairdresser) It sounds like they are taking all precautions to make it as safe as possible ,the new rules kinda suit me ,and I’m feeling a little excited about it all for once, how bizzare ! ? 
Hopefully a nice new hairstyle coming up later today yayyyyy ...fingers crossed 
 :)
Best Wishes
serenity2 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    @serenity2 good luck, I’m sure everything will be fine.
    Due to the barbers being shut I bought myself a set of clipper and guide combs, quite expensive. With great trepidation I tried it out and ...amazingly simple and not too bad a haircut! I don’t have it too short. Now I must use them several times so that they pay for themselves but I’m quite looking forward to my next haircut. Ha ha.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• serenity2
    Hi @leeCal

thats great that you managed to do your hair, brilliant ! And why not ...if I didn’t need to go I certainly wouldn’t haha ..but for me it’s been sooooo long ha , and a lot of others too , no doubt...
    good to hear your looking forward to going as and when ya need to...
    in the meantime, happy trimming !
    take care ?
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I can certainly feel how excited you must be me too I am having mine cut on Friday its been six months since my last cut 

On a positive though I have never let it grow like this so thinking of keeping it a little longer now but having it put into a style

Hope you like yours after today
  • serenity2
    Hi @janer1967

itnwas a good visit to the hairdressers today. My new hairdresser is lovely and I’m pleased with the cut...it was quiet in the salon and they were using PPE to the full so I felt safe and all in all it was a lovely appointment ..thank goodness  :)
    I hope yours goes well on Friday for you and you like the style ...

thank you for your comments  :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • christian96
    christian96 Posts: 101 Courageous
    I went today after lunch. Worth it. 
  • serenity2
    @christian96 oh yes, it’s surprising how much better ya feel with a haircut ??
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    So pleased you enjoyed it I feel like I am being pampered when at hairdressers something I always look forward to 
  • serenity2
    Ah yes @janer1967 me too. It’s a new salon so it was all lovely 
    I missed them giving me a cup of coffee though , no drinks due to virus rules ..but still it was nice ?
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really glad it all worked out @serenity2! Can't beat a fresh trim!  :D
    Scope

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @serenity2
                            So pleased that you enjoyed having your haircut, it is something that you cannot beat :) I think, like with most things during the lockdown, it is something you don't appreciate until you no longer have access to it. Thank you. 
  • serenity2
    thank you @Chloe_Scope
    ?
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • serenity2

Hi @WestHam06
    i agree with you and thanks..?