STAART ART and Children’s University — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

STAART ART and Children’s University

melaniethorley
melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering

I am delighted to share with you all that STAART is now a validated learning provider for the national charity Children’s University as a result of the STAART ART competition. If you are aware of any children (up to 14) who are taking part in any of the Children’s Universities, this activity equates to an hour of creativity and awarded with a stamp.

Children’s University is a national charity that encourages and rewards children’s participation in learning activities beyond the classroom. Children collect stamps in a passport for each activity they take part in. These activities can include after-school clubs, those organised in public museums, libraries, and also new and exciting activities in outdoor environments.

On a personal note, my niece attended the University of Kent Children’s University and loved the activities. She graduated with an Arts degree last summer, and was the first person in her family to go to university – outreach work at its best!

More information on Children’s University:www.childrensuniversity.co.uk/activity-search/.

You may want to watch and share this really short video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsotHTn7xqg

The link to the STAART ART competition on the Children’s University website can be found here:

www.childrensuniversity.co.uk/activity-search/ and type ‘STAART’ into the Find an activity box.

Feel free to share and please contact me if you have any questions or suggestions for future activities.

Comments

Brightness