Board Games - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Board Games

2»

Comments

• Stayce
    Stayce Community member, CP Network Posts: 843 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
     Hi Everyone 

There are some great games mentioned here?

Ticket to Ride games are awesome we’re big fans here - We have the Europe, London and New York editions. Europe is good for more in-depth game. London and New York good for quicker games or a a starter for newbies to the game. Something different about each board though ?.

We also like Carcassonne (tile based), Lost Cities ( great online scorecard for this which makes things easier and quicker), Forbidden  Island (cooperative game) and Quirkle  (tile based very addictive)?. 
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    @Stayce  So, I live in New Addington, South London. How far away are you from me?
  • claire09
    claire09 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I love board games! And board game cafés. We have quite a collection - I probably won't remember them all now:

Ticket to Ride, original; Catan; Cluedo; London game; Backgammon; a space deck-builder that I forget the name of; Isle of Skye; Bananagrams; Betrayal at House on the Hill; Pandemic; Pandemic Legacy; Blue Lagoon; 7 Wonders; Duel; Russian Rouellette; Jaipur; Scotland Yard; Monopoly
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    This thread is really helping me at the moment! Restriction permitting, I'm going on holiday later this year with the family, we're planning on taking some board games to play in the evenings :) 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    claire09 said:
    I love board games! And board game cafés. We have quite a collection - I probably won't remember them all now:

Ticket to Ride, original; Catan; Cluedo; London game; Backgammon; a space deck-builder that I forget the name of; Isle of Skye; Bananagrams; Betrayal at House on the Hill; Pandemic; Pandemic Legacy; Blue Lagoon; 7 Wonders; Duel; Russian Rouellette; Jaipur; Scotland Yard; Monopoly
    Great to have you with us @c@Claire01

Just seeing folk can see one of my email addresses on my profile anyway. Also one I opened recently that is much less used is [removed by moderator] and if any one wants to talk to me on hangouts, that is [removed by moderator]
    Hi @m@m_burrell82, unfortunately we do not allow emails on the community. You will only be able to see your own email on your profile. 
    Scope

• m_burrell82
    An update of the games I have at home:

Monopoly: original, Cheaters; mega, EastEnders, , Milliionaire; Marvel Universe, Here & Now; Ticket to Ride,: European.London; King of Tokyo; Risk: old & newer, Captain America Civil War; Destination: Downton Abbey, Great Britain, Exploding Kittens (including Imploding Kittens expansion); new Cluedo; London Board Game, Great Game of Britain, Scotland Yard; Hotel Tycoon, Labyrinth; Doctor Who Time Travelling Game; Zombie Labyrinth; Game of Life: original; Fame; I'm a Celebrity- Get me out of here;Omnitrix Battle Game; Bratz: Passion for Fashion; Rock Angelz

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I was in the Chess Club at school many Moons ago.

And years later I more or less taught my old Gardening instructor at College how to play.

• m_burrell82
    An update of the games I have at home:

Monopoly: original, Cheaters; mega, EastEnders, Milliionaire, Marvel Universe, Here & Now; Anti-Monopoly*; Ticket to Ride,: European,London; King of Tokyo; Risk: old & newer, Captain America Civil War; Destination: Downton Abbey, Great Britain; Exploding Kittens (including Imploding Kittens expansion); new Cluedo; London Board Game, Great Game of Britain; Scotland Yard; Hotel Tycoon; Labyrinth; Doctor Who Time Travelling Game; Zombie Labyrinth; Game of Life: original, Fame; I'm a Celebrity- Get me out of here; Omnitrix Battle Game; Bratz: Passion for Fashion, Rock Angelz.

* I'm sure that there are different versions of this. I have one that is to do with companies. I'm sure that whenever I get to play it, I'll go with the Children's Rules.

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I used to play a lot of Warhammer. I actually enjoyed painting the figures more so than playing the game. This is an example of what I used to paint. Its fully magnestised so the arms / wings / etc can be posed in different positions.

Brightness