Will my LCWRA assessment go ahead? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my LCWRA assessment go ahead?

Naf7890x
Naf7890x Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I was just wondering what will happen, I will need reassessing in October for my Limited Capability For Work Related Activity, I’m just really worried about what will happen as of Covid 19 whether it will go ahead or whether it will be extended. 

Comments

• Naf7890x
    Limited capability for work and work related activity 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Naf7890x

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Here’s some info from you below with regards to “Benefits”

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/benefits-and-coronavirus/

Please please let me know if there’s anything that is wrong with the info?????

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community great to have you on board.

LCWRA does not really have an end date like PIP you continue to get the benefit until a re-assessment takes place, the date you have is just a recommendation about when you should be re-assessed.

You dont need to do anything until you get notified by them for a re-assessment

Hope this helps and puts your mind at rest
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Naf7890x, I hope other members have been able to answer your question.

Please do have a look around and get involved. :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Naf7890x - & welcome to the community. I hope the advice given above has helped to reassure you. I hope you have a look around the community too. :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome.to the community @Naf7890x
  • Naf7890x
    Hi due to my condition when I first applied I didn’t need an assessment and most likely won’t be doing them again due to my condition, I’ve still not received any information from UC or LCWRA I still don’t know what’s going to happen whether it’s phone contact or a face to face as I have an end date which is next month in October ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

As previously advised LCWRA doesn't have an end it because it's an ongoing award until you're reassessed and a decision's made on your claim. You can be reassessed anytime from 3 months and the date they give you is just a guide, nothing more.

There's most likely huge backlogs because there was a 3 month suspension of all reviews. For a review of the work capability assessment you'll be sent more forms to fill in an return with all your information. Once those are returned it will either be a paper based assessment or a telephone assessment. At the moment face to face assessments are still suspended.

In the meantime please try not to worry because your extra money will not stop in October.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Naf7890x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.