Urgent Help anyone “”” — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Urgent Help anyone “””

charlotte441
charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
I just would like to thanks a few of you lovely people for giving me great advice, as it’s made me get my award review claim on the road for a few years. my sister brother has a lot of mental health issues and they didn’t give him any points for need promoting for taking medication but he forgets every day to take it as his memory with his ADHD is bad! can he question it and add it on his award review as his letter has got sent out. he should of been awarded points for it. he’s on enhanced for daily living that’s all. If anyone can let me no I will pass it onto him. or will they say no sorry it wasn’t on your first claim” there going through all the paperwork to see if it was or wasn’t. thanks to everyone that replies to this post. Much appreciated!

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlotte441 - if he has been awarded the enhanced rate for activities for daily living, then adding only 1 point for taking medication doesn't help much. If he's going through a review, there's no harm in adding that he needs prompting to take his meds. With any review, as much detail as was given in the initial claim form should be given, & this can also be added. It doesn't matter if the help he needs taking his meds wasn't mentioned previously. Hope this helps.
    Pleased people have been able to help yourself with their advice.  :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and I am glad you have found the help useful for yourself, as others have mentioned your brother already has the enhanced award so there is nothing to gain from adding the further information.
  • charlotte441
    @Username_removed
    @chiarieds
    @janer1967

you 3 have been great will all your advice thank you guys. so just treat the award review like a new claim? someone said if nothing has changed just tick that box. Or is it worth putting in as much as possible. for him, also guys just a quick one ...... with my special needs they said it’s a life long condition is that one of the reasons they gave it me? The DM said it was a big factor “
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

Nobody knows why the DM gave it you but yes being a lifelong condition could be a factor but more so how that condition affects your daily living. Somebody could have a lifelong condition that has no impact on daily living so wouldn't count

Yes you can tick box no change but I would still put all the details down as well 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlotte441 - They should give as much detail with a review as an initial claim form. As you know, the review form is much shorter, so just add any necessary continuation sheets at the end, with their name & National Insurance number written at the top of each added page. :)
  • charlotte441
    @Username_removed thank you. for all your advice it’s highly appreciated! we will just treat his claim like a new claim adding a lot in. hopefully he will get it again. once again thanks :) 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlotte441, I hope it all goes okay and please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.