Have you had your pip award based on paper assessments instead of f2f or phone assessments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you had your pip award based on paper assessments instead of f2f or phone assessments?

Sunnyside60
Sunnyside60 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
I sent in my new pip form recently including evidence of how my illness affects me regarding each question in the form. As there are no more f2f assessments, are most being done on the phone or are more being decided on only a paper based assessments, to speed the process along? My recent new ESA award was decided on a paper based assessment, so is it likely my pip claim will be decided on a paper based assessment too? I know no one can say definitively yes or no, so this is a query based on other people’s opinions and experience. Any thoughts welcome.

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi there @Sunnyside60 , someone will give you advice soon, best wishes with everything  :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sunnyside60 Most assessments are taking place over the phone currently.

I had my review completed just paper based and this was before the pandemic , I was totally shocked as I expected another f2f but the DWP just called me out of the blue after sending in my forms and asked me a few extra questions and awared me enhanced for both there and then.

This isn't the normal but think they knew my condition wouldn't have changed as my leg wont grow back or my blind eye suddenly heal

I would expect a phone assessment and if paper based that will be a bonus
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    My son had paper based for both UC (he got placed lcwra group) and pip (dla to pip transfer)

This was before the lockdown (just!) In the case of his uc, they seem to have contacted his gp for further info.

For his pip, they phoned his support worked. I got the assessment reports for both. On his pip one, the fact that he is lcwra group was referenced.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I didnt put anything in the section about having issues with f2f I fully expected to have f2f but the DM said there was no point to completing a f2f 
  • Sunnyside60
    Thanks everyone. I included a copy of my ESA award in my PIP claim, but this is the first time I’ve claimed any sort of benefit so I imagine the only supporting evidence they have is what I sent with my ESA and PIP claims. I checked on my doctors online account for my medical history and saw an entry stating “ Third party encounter, Benefit agency report unfit for work but fit note no longer need“, dated the same day as the ESA award letter. So I am presuming the DWP didn’t request more info from the doctor as I don’t see an entry for this, and they just sent the doctor a letter telling them I won’t need fit notes any more.
    I did additionally include a report from a physiotherapist, dated 18 months ago, in my PIP claim but otherwise all other evidence is the same. 
    I don’t think I put anything in the section about the assessment as I don’t mind a phone assessment.
    On another note, I have not received the assessment report for the ESA claim. Do I need to request one? I am interested in what was written.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi @Sunnyside60 , hopefully someone will help you tonight or tomorrow, best wishes  :)
  • Sunnyside60
  • Sunnyside60
    Hi @Username_removed. I have the paper based ESA assessment report now. It recommends lcwra and supports the recommendation based solely on my mobility, which is under 50 metres. There is a short sentence stating that the on my questionnaire I have mentioned problems with daily needs. 

My question is, when the assessor decided that my mobility was enough to recommend lcwra, did he/she still continue to assess my other issues or for efficiency, just read them.

I included a copy of my ESA award in my PIP claim and I was hoping a PIP assessor might award me the mobility element, especially as this is the main (only?) reason I was awarded lcwra. I know I should not draw conclusions from this so I am hoping but not expecting.

• Sunnyside60
    Thanks @Username_removed. Do you think it is likely the PIP assessor will look at the ESA assessment report at all?
  • Sunnyside60

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.