nightmare mask wearing for deaf and hard of hearing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

nightmare mask wearing for deaf and hard of hearing

Options
sakinah
sakinah Community member Posts: 14 Connected
hi everyone

something i really need to get off my chest lately, since the lockdown as you know everyone practically has to wear masks, do you realise what a nightmare it is for those that are deaf and hard of hearing especially if you dont know sign language and they dont know sign language either, people can be so ignorant and uneducated and unempathic its unbelievable in this area.

so many times especially in hospitals i have said over and over again that i cant hear i lip read and still they talk away to me like nothings happended.  i understand they have to wear the mask but all they need to do is stand back and pull it down or if they have those shield just pull the mask down for crying out loud they go too far they really do and to be honest on another level i think all this is highly orchestrated in high place but thats another subject!!

any comments on this i would love to hear and if you would like to continue the thread on the virus being orchestrated your free to do so for those who are interested for those not you can just ignore it x

regards to all

redsapphire (sakinah) x  <3

PS FEAR!! IS THIS NOT WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS DOING TO US ON A GLOBAL SCALE HMM....?? DEEP!! 
:# 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very interesting and thank you for sharing with us
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @sakinah
    This also applies to may of us who have Auditory Processing Disorder, the listening disability.
    There are some masks available that have a clear central area so that we can see the mouths of others, many of which are home made. 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Ooh orchestrated Virus?
    I'm tempted ...
    Sorry to hear the problems you're having with masks, you'd think in a hospital environment such things wouldn't occur.

My son has a facial abnormality, so he loved wearing a mask at first, which is sad...he now hates them and refuses to go out at all untill it's all over. He as an appointment at the ENT clinic soon but so far insists he'll only speak over the phone...

Brightness