Cofid 19 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cofid 19

Jonesy1
Jonesy1 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Have we heard if we are any closer to a injection to protect us from the virus in the future

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    Not really, hence such long term plans for living 'with' the virus being made by the government now.

Trouble is, it takes time to test all of these things.  It's pointless getting everyone vaccinated if the immunity only lasts 3 months for example.   So they need to keep doing tests & trials over many months. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jonesy1 Welcome to the community. As above comment I cant imagine a vaccine will be anytime soon due to the amount of testing it will require . I think we all need to be prepared that the measures in place will be the new normal for a long time yet
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    My personal view is that a vaccine for covid 19 won't be available until next year and then the priority will be key workers of which there are probably 2 million, before the rest of us can have it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• red51
    red51 Community member Posts: 1 Connected
    I'm terrified! I am unsure as to whether I can go out. I've been a virtual recluse these last 3 years.  I don't know if I ever want to leave my place of residence for the long term. I'm struggling as my depression and anxiety my ptsd has me hallucinating both physical and auditory goings on. I feel as though I'm alone and there is literally no one who gives a toss about whether I should carry on. I ask; "Is it worth the effort and hard work to move towards a life that has no hope or possibility of being any use the to society again".
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A very warm welcome to the community @red51. Thank you for taking the time for sharing this with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling so much, you are important to us. Have you spoken to a doctor about how you currently are feeling? The pandemic has been a scary time and you are entitled to support for that.

MIND have a page full of resources which is around covid19 and how you can access support.

I hope you have a good day. :)
    Scope

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @red51

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today ?

I am very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

Please please don’t feel that you are on your “own” any longer as we are all here for you.

Sorry to ask but have you seen your gp recently for your ongoing issues?????

Please please come back to me if you need anything????

@steve51

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hi @Jonesy1 welcome to the community. 

Brightness