Convid 19 /lockdown conversation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Convid 19 /lockdown conversation

Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
edited July 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi all I hope you are safe and well. 
I'm just wondering what you have all been doing to keep busy during lockdown. 
I'm just on a 2 week lockdown as I live in Leicester unfortunately. 
Tagged:

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I found quite a few things to do really. Read a book or two, surfed the web of course and started drawing a little, I actually improved a bit! One thing I didn’t do but have done in the past was make a house or two from gluing matchsticks together, actually good fun. I also spent some time growing a few plants in pots mostly, that way you get less weed problems and you can move things around from time to time!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• kaiasparrow
    kaiasparrow Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    I have been doing lots of gardening. Growing some vegetables and herbs and hopefully some flowers for the bees! Been reading more too which is nice and learning new recipes to cook!
  • Tammyjane33
    @leeCal that's good that you've been keeping busy, and i love reading! What sort of books do you like to read? Stay safe
    Tammy ?
  • Tammyjane33
    @kaiasparrow that sounds great, we tried to do abit of gardening but it didn't turn out great lol but can always try again. I'm glad you are keeping busy :)
    I've been reading and watching true movies. 
    Take care 
    Tammy ?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tammyjane33 I tend to read mostly factual books, for example I’ve read many books written by the Dalai Lama which I have found very helpful in my day to day living. I read other spiritual books too mostly, like lives of various saints and I like reading about miracles especially modern ones which have been accurately recorded. Of course some would argue that there’s no such thing but ...I’m not so sure.

the most recent fictional book I read was Shantaram, quite gripping but 900 pages plus! Too long for me usually.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tammyjane33, sorry you are back in lockdown. How are things going?
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tammyjane33 Sorry to hear you are back in lockdown just as thungs are getting back to a bit of normality.

I bought a Wii console during lockdown and have been enjoying playing on it with my son, I cant deal with xbox controllers and games all too complicated for me but find I really enjoy the Wii

Anyway take care and keep safe

Brightness