i lost a pip hearing — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i lost a pip hearing

florencescope
florencescope Community member Posts: 11 Listener
I feel in shock i lost a pip assessment hearing over the phone. i have autism and dyspraxia and the shock has resulted in me hardly eating anything since i read the news by post. i feel lost. i struggle to work and can't drive to unfamiliar places as i can break down emotionally. and ive been sacked from a job because of my disability before and had to leave another as i can get bad sensory overload. 

i worry about my future and how i will live and find suitable accommodation and the impact itll have on my emptional and mental wellbeing.

i feel scared over how i can get somewhere secure i want to work but its hard when i know employers  dont want me.

Comments

• bobuk
    bobuk Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Florence, I too lost a P.I.P. claim and am going to an independent tribunal with independent people, a doctor, disability assessor and a judge. My hearing is at Chester but I have not heard when yet because of coronavirus delay.  Since my original assessment I have had a SECOND heat attack, was hospitalised on 21st March 2020 where I had ONE STENT inserted and need TWO more to be fitted. I have asked for my med records from my G.P. and am waiting for them. Best of luck with your claim.
    Bob.
  • bobuk
    No Mike, I had a face to face assessment at a P.I.P. assessment centre by a so called 'nurse' in 2019 - I am a former army medic R.A.M.C., my sister is a retired staff nurse and my cousin is a retired nursing sister with a nursing degree, and the final written report from the assessor had more holes in it than a Paris brothel.   Since my initial assessment in 2019 I have had a SECOND heart attack where I was hospitalised and fitted with ONE stent, they said I needed three in total, one urgent, two to be inserted at a later date.  I am at the stage now where I am waiting to attend an independent tribunal (final appeal stage) to be held at Chester as and when they give me a date of hearing (the coronavirus has delayed proceedings somewhat).  I HAVE been informed that my tribunal hearing is pending, and the venue location given (Chester) but NO DATE yet for obvious reasons. Hopefully it won't be to far away, depending on the coronavirus pandemic  issue, but I must be looking at 2021 now. 
  • bobuk
    Mike this is my last word, but before then please allow me to point out that I have Dip. LCW (Diploma in Creative Writing and Literature) and can put those letters after my name should I so wish which means I CAN and am well able to read and write thank you. I received ALL communications from DWP IN WRITING including the result of my face to face assessment, and still have copies. I received notification of my final appeal hearing at Chester by email (copied, filed and saved)  where it states QUITE CATEGORICALLY that I will NEED TO ATTEND IN PERSON and I can also, if I wish nominate a representative to accompany me at the hearing.  All medical records are documented, including dates, as are all relevant facts and figures. If you are still NOT convinced, I can and will send a copy of the email notification with regards to my appeal venue at CHESTER.  Now please  GO AWAY.  I am far to busy to bother with 'barrack room lawyers!'

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    bobuk said:
    Mike this is my last word, but before then please allow me to point out that I have Dip. LCW (Diploma in Creative Writing and Literature) and can put those letters after my name should I so wish which means I CAN and am well able to read and write thank you. I received ALL communications from DWP IN WRITING including the result of my face to face assessment, and still have copies. I received notification of my final appeal hearing at Chester by email (copied, filed and saved)  where it states QUITE CATEGORICALLY that I will NEED TO ATTEND IN PERSON and I can also, if I wish nominate a representative to accompany me at the hearing.  All medical records are documented, including dates, as are all relevant facts and figures. If you are still NOT convinced, I can and will send a copy of the email notification with regards to my appeal venue at CHESTER.  Now please  GO AWAY.  I am far to busy to bother with 'barrack room lawyers!'

how rude, that is totally uncalled for Mike is a much respected advisor on this forum and gives his time freely and often, you should (but I doubt you will) say sorry.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• florencescope
    i had a telephone appeal.hearing
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    That is so bad. The government/assessors are brain dead.
    You know, they once declared a person okay to work because she could walk from her sofa to her scooter.
    I swear, people need their heads read.
    I have dyspraxia, mildly, but enough so that it's taken me forever to drive and I don't feel safe driving.
    I tried for PIP but nothing on the form applied to me. 
    I guess I could cook if I had to, I wouldn't know, but nothing applied.
    I hope the government changes and we can all get PIP.
  • florencescope
    That is so bad. The government/assessors are brain dead.
    You know, they once declared a person okay to work because she could walk from her sofa to her scooter.
    I swear, people need their heads read.
    I have dyspraxia, mildly, but enough so that it's taken me forever to drive and I don't feel safe driving.
    I tried for PIP but nothing on the form applied to me. 
    I guess I could cook if I had to, I wouldn't know, but nothing applied.
    I hope the government changes and we can all get pip.

PIP is irrelevant when it comes to being or not being abke to work. its about day to day  living.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.