I won my appeal 17/06/2020. Have been told that the DWP sent my appeal back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my appeal 17/06/2020. Have been told that the DWP sent my appeal back

CT1
CT1 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
Hi I started my claim for pip 20/11/2018. I had to go down the tribunal route and finally won my appeal on the 17/06/2020. I have been told that DWP sent my appeal decision back due to the judge due to an error. What does this mean and how long should I expect to wait to receive my back pay? 

Comments

• CT1
    Could it be something as minor as a spelling mistake? 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @CTI , have you had your letter from the court, if so check the dates your awards are from and 2 because there was a mistake on my son’s and I had to email the court to make a correction. If I hadn’t noticed this I would imagine DWP would hav3 sent it back for the correction. Please don’t stress it is possibly something as simple as that. Let me know x
  • CT1
    Thanks Lulu. Yes I got the letter from the court and I have checked the dates and they all seem to be correct. The one thing I did notice is that when they wrote about the DWPs health advisor visiting my home they scores me no points where as it should have said scored me no points. Surely it can't be just that. 
  • Lulu_1949
    Who told you it’s gone back? If it was the DWP I would ring them, I don’t think I would question why, I would just ask when I was due to receive my payment and you might find out by  reply. Then you could question it. 
    When my son received his letter from court awarding him pip standard rate, I saw the mistake and as I said rang the court who told me to write in for a correction which I did. A week later we had not heard anything so I rang the DWP who still had it on their screen that he hadn’t been awarded anything. I then rang the court who HAD received the correction i asked for but it was waiting to go to the judge, so sometimes it takes time unfortunately. Good luck luvvy x
  • CT1
    I rang DWP and they told me it had been sent back due to an error so I rang the tribunal clerk and he told me they had received it but due to covid the judges are working from home so it could take days or it could take weeks. I asked what the error was and the clerk just told me it could be something as simple as a typo. Stressed for nearly 2years just for them to tell me that but no actual explanation. 
  • Lulu_1949
    Yes we have been the same except we have been waiting two weeks since tribunal, but if clerk says it is a typo I wouldn’t worry. Just got to play that waiting game unfortunately☹️X
  • CT1
    OK Lulu. Thanks for your replies. 
  • Lulu_1949
    You’re welcome, let me know how you get on x
  • CT1
    Thanks Mike. Like I previously said I rang both DWP and the tribunal clerk and none of them could tell me anything specific. I will be on the phone to the tribunal again tomorrow to see if they can tell me anything else. 
  • CT1
    That's better than not knowing exactly what the issue was tho. Thanks Mike. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.