Favourite film or film star - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Favourite film or film star

Options

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @leeCal, we will watch that when we return  :) many thanks, take care and best wishes and stay safe my friend  :) 
  • daz2
    daz2 Community member, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 120 Pioneering
    Options
    It's got to be The Shawshank Redemption. Closely followed by Stand By Me.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @daz2 the shawshank redemption was a great story, Tim robbins played the part well and Morgan Freeman films are usually good. Stephen King again I think as was The Green Mile, Tom Hanks, another great actor.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I liked Jeremiah Johnson (1972) with Robert Redford playing the lead roll, an interesting film too. Dances with wolves is another good ‘cowboy’ film with Kevin Costner.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    leeCal said:
    @daz2 the shawshank redemption was a great story, Tim robbins played the part well and Morgan Freeman films are usually good. Stephen King again I think as was The Green Mile, Tom Hanks, another great actor.
    I watched The Shawshank Redemption at the weekend, great film! 
    Scope

• Wini1960
    Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
    Options
    One of my favourite films is Hairspray the one with John Travolta in it. I love the singing and no matter what comes your way, you can overcome it.
  • leeCal
    Options
    I’ve really enjoyed all the Indiana Jones films, though the crystal skulls one was a bit different. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• kaiasparrow
    kaiasparrow Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    James McAvoy is probably my favourite actor. Been a fan since he did the BBC modernisation of Macbeth

My favourite film is Midnight in Paris with Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams. 1920s Paris is my favourite era and I would love to travel back in time to it
  • leeCal
    Options
    One of my favourite actors of all time was Gregory Peck, very good in The Omen and The Boys From Brazil, oldies but goodies.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Options
    Hi, Richard gere for me and also an actress called clare danes [homeland]
  • leeCal
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Welcome back @katho31
    I forgot about Claire Danes, excellent in Stardust 2007 too, she was supposed to be a star ⭐️.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Options
    Thanks @leeCal :) had a lovely break  :) did us good, yeah she was excellent in stardust as well, paddy and max film is so funny and years ago a film with john candy?
  • Jankins
    Jankins Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    wizard of oz and casablanca are my all time, sound of music, and grease, but I cry my eyes out every time at the Hugh Jackman Anne Hathaway in Les Miserables!
  • katho31
    Options
    Me and my late mum went to see blood brothers at the west end in London many years ago, it was superb!! dying for it to come to merseyside theatres  :)
  • katho31
    Options
    oh and a very old film Anne of Green Gables is so lovely and set in the beautiful countryside  :)
  • Wisec
    Wisec Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    I like the old Richard prior stuff as far as funny films but we'll into my sci fi. Any trek film or series and Patrick Stewart is excellent actor lol.
  • HunrerHenners
    HunrerHenners Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    My favourite actors, I have so many to choose from but I'd say Denzel Washington 2. Ryan Reynolds 3 Meryl Streep I just cannot pick only one
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Has anyone watched or seen Hamilton? I saw it live just before lockdown and it was incredible! 
    Scope

• leeCal
    edited July 2020
    Options
    No @Chloe_Scope I havnt seen Hamilton, I’ll look it up.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• HunrerHenners
    HunrerHenners Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope not seen Hamilton yet but I've heard great things!

Brightness