I Want to go on PIP please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I Want to go on PIP please

nicola289
nicola289 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I Want to go on PIP please 

Comments

• Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    Well apply then.
    But it is very hard to get anything because the government hate us.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicola289

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes we have got lots of info & advice on here with regards to “pip”

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/personal-independence-payment-pip/

Please please have a good look at this & feel free to come back to me!!!!!!!

@steve51
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Hi nicola289  Thank you for joining our community, I hope you will find lots of friends here.

Now, about claiming PIP.  I know nothing about you so please can you write about yourself so that we have a picture of you and help to see how we can help you?  Okay?  Like your age, disability, who you live with, if you work, that kind of thing?  Are you on ESA? 

Denise11 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicola289 - & welcome to the community. PIP is all about how your disability affects you looking at activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, cooking, etc., &/mobility. It's useful to have a look at these activities/descriptors & any points that may be awarded. If you look through the following link it may help you decide if you could get PIP.
    Hope this helps together with the link Steve gave you above. :)

• Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    To be honest, though, they do try and say you're okay when you're not.
    There was someone who didn't die after 6 months so they stopped his money and he died from frozebite.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    On a positive note, many people do successfully claim PIP. The government do not 'hate' disabled people, but some people find the PIP process difficult. From what we read in the community, many people have had problems. Most people who are successful likely won't have questions to ask about PIP, so won't join a forum such as this.
    The main problem, from what I've read on here, is that people concentrate on their diagnosis, where they should be explaining in detail exactly how their disability affects their activities of daily living &/mobility.
    This community is a very supportive place, & people help & advise about benefits amongst many things. I hope therefore that @nicola289 feels she can ask any questions about PIP, as there's usually someone here who can advise, as Steve has already done. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nicola289 and a very warm welcome to the community! Just wanted to see how you were doing. We'd be more than happy to give further advice about PIP.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.