SDP - am I entitled? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP - am I entitled?

smartgav1
smartgav1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I need some advice regarding claiming server disability premium,I get income related esa im in the support group I also get pip daily living component at the higher rate also in my esa I see I get the enhance disability premium at 17.10 but on my letter it says (extra money because of the disability income guarantee) but its the same amount as the enhance disability premium,so am I initialled to the servier disability premium?I live at my mothers address she is a pensioner but she dont look after me or no one claims carers allowance for me so can I get it also dose my mother class as no dependent,I thought I was down as no fixed abode but no sure please help as ive been claiming sine 2014 so been missing out 66.95 for 6years thanks also if I qualified for the enhance witch looks like ive been getting dose that mean I pass for the servier many thanks

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smartgav1

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some senior members who will be able to help you with your “Benefit Inquiry”

Hi @Adrian_Scope @Chloe_Scope

Can you please help me with this “Benefit Post”

Many Thanks.

@steve51
  • smartgav1
    Hi can you please help me with server disability premium claim as ive been getting esa income related support group also pip daily living component at the higher rate also in my esa I see I get the enhance disability premium at 17.10 but on my letter it says ( extra money because of the disability income guarantee ) but its the same amount as the enhance disability premium, so am I initialled to the servier disability premium? I live at my mothers address she is a pensioner but she dont look after me or no one claims carers allowance for me. If I am eligible my claim started from 2014 so been missing out 66.95 for 6years please help many thanks
  • smartgav1
    Also because I live at my mothers address since then is she classed as a non dependent as I have my own room but I only use this address as a post addres so im basically no fixed abode but not sure if dwp have this info but if I get the enhance disability premium surly im initialled to the servier disability premium ahh please can some one help me thanks
  • steve51
    Hi @smartgav1

Many Thanks for your post’s.

I will forward these on for you to our senior members for there input.

Please please let me know if there’s any further questions ???

Hi @Adrian_Scope @Chloe_Scope

I have had another post with regards to the original benefit inquiry.

@steve51
  • smartgav1
    Many thanks Steve
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smartgav1 - & welcome to the community. You're entitled to the enhanced disability premium as you're in the support group for income related ESA, which you've been getting. The problem seems to be that you're living with your Mum. You can't usually get the severe disability premium if you're living with anyone 18 or older unless they also get a qualifying benefit. As you say you're living at your Mum's, this rather conflicts with having 'no fixed abode' unfortunately.
  • steve51
    Hi @smartgav1

That’s my Pleasure my Friend.

@steve51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.