Got decision from court do i have to write to the court to accept it. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got decision from court do i have to write to the court to accept it.

Lulu_1949
Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
Got the decision two weeks ago to say standard for both, there was a typo with the dates so. Sent off an email for a correction after ringing them first . I read on one of the threads that you have to write to the court to accept the decision is this correct please? I thought I just had to wait till DWP ring for bank account details to check that what they have is correct.
regards lulu

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,611 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lulu when I done an appeal I’m sure I only contacted the court and DWP when I found out there was also a correction needing sorted, but definitely don’t think I had to accept it, I was obviously accepting it I had waited a year and a half lol hopefully someone will post with there experience, hopefully not much longer to wait, all in even counting the correction getting sorted, I waited just over 3 weeks, take care xx
  • Lulu_1949
    Thank Lou hope it hurries up, it has been a year and a month since the process started. Will let you know how I get on xx
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,611 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh definitely do, it’s such a long time I know people say but the longer it goes on the more money you get, well sometimes you just need it just know and want it sorted, good luck ??
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    i think i put that i had read last week that you had to write to the judge/court to ask for a change xx
  • Lulu_1949
    thanks Katho, will let you know xx
  • Lulu_1949
    Thanks @Username_removed it was after telephone hearing that I received the letter the next day, then saw the typo mistake with the date so telephoned the court and they told me to email in for a correction which I did. Now I am just waiting . This is why I wanted to know whether I should now email to say I have accepted the decision of the standard rate .So you think not?
  • Lulu_1949
    @Username_removed
    thank you for putting my mind at rest.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.