Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

Options
tina85
tina85 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
just wondering if I can get any help with carpets in my new house as I've just moved in and i have a son who is autism and needs carpets in his room 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi,

Depending on what benefits, if any you claim then you maybe able to claim a budgeting loan/advance. It will of course depend on your circumstances. This will need to paid repaid back from future benefits. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Budgeting-Loan-Advance/What-is-a-Budgeting-Loan-Advance

Your local council may also offer grants to low income familes but that will totally depend on your local council. For this you will need to speak to them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tina85 Welcome to the community and I hope the information given is of some help to you

It s an expensive business having to find carpets and fitting but you can often find some cheap off cuts if the room isnt that big or some carpet tiles 

I hope you find something suitable or some help towards them
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tina85, how are you getting on? Family fund might be able to help with this. :)
    Scope

Brightness