Light at the end of the tunnel — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Light at the end of the tunnel

Options
CockneyRebel
CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
Sorry folks, not been around for a while. Early part of this year my oxygen needs increased and my cylinders were replaced by oxygen concentraters which suit me better. April 1st ( ha ha ) had a PIP interview over the phone due to the corona virus and a change in my circumstance. All seemed to go well and the HCP was very pleasant, even helpful. I was going to ask for a copy of the report but my wife ended up in hospital for 10 days with C -Diff ( which is a horrible thing ) Once she came home I was going to ring for a copy of the report but she then tripped over, breaking her humerous 9 Strange name for something that isn't at all funny ) Next I recieved a request for additional info from the DWP regarding my claim. Then yesterday I got a call from a DWP decision maker with some more questions. The very nice lady said that she had looked at my claim and disagreed with the HCP. After consulting with her manager they decided to award enhanced/enhanced for 10 years.
So no matter how you think your assessment goes, the DWP can and do use common sense when making a decision.

Hopefully I will be able to catch up with many of you soon but until then stay safe

Namaste

CR
Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Comments

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Options
    hi @CockneyRebel
    thanks for sharing this!
    I’m so sorry  to hear of the struggles with your wife and do hope she’s on the mend now...
    Congratulations on the success of the claim you made,it’s good to hear you have been listened to, and I wanted to wish you both well..
    take care !
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,141 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning just wanted to say sorry to hear everything you and your wife have been through, hopefully things will get better for yous, so happy for you that the DM used her common sense and awarded you Enhanced on both, take care of yourself and your wife ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The community has missed you @CockneyRebel I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's health issues, wishing her a speedy recovery! Fantastic news regarding your PIP. Hopefully things continue to get better for you both :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    Best wishes @CockneyRebel, from what ive read you have  been sorely missed  :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @CockneyRebel. It's great to see you around again. As Ami said, you've certainly been missed! How's your wife doing after the last few months? It sounds like she's had a really rough time of it.

Great news about your PIP though and thank you for taking the time to share a positive result. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @CockneyRebel Welcome back it is great to see lots of absent people returning to the community, you have all been misssed.

You certainly seem to have had a few challenges to overcome, great news about your claim though and thanks for sharing your good news story with us
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @CockneyRebel, so pleased to hear about your claim, best wishes  :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @CockneyRebel great to see you're post, you have been missed! You have had a rough few months, hope your wife recovers soon. Great news on the PIP award, at least you can relax with that now.

Best wishes to you and your wife! :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness