Itching on my back is this part of menopause — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Itching on my back is this part of menopause

Wini1960
Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
Hi in the last couple of weeks I've had terrible itching on my back. I get my husband to put moisturing cream on but makes little difference. I have tepid showers as I have heard that hot showers can cause dry itchy skin. I'm visiting my GP tomorrow. Just wanted to know are there any women who have experienced this and if so, what did they do about it. Its driving me crazy?

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @Wini1960, i too have awful itching on back and shoulders and feet, its awful. im using aveno, it does help also e45 cream. ive had an early menopause,im 51 and started at least 10 years ago. i also take menocool black cohosh from holland and barrett, they have helped me, everyones different but i feel ive benefited. nurse at my doctors recommended them and the aveno is in home bargains shop. good luck  :) and drink plenty of water. check you are not diabetic?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I cant say I suffered with itching on my back during menopause, I also had early menopause at 46.

I would like to add that itching back is not a symptom of diabetes having had it for over 30 years, but if you are concerned you maybe then consult your doctor as soon as possible
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Wini1960, how did your appointment go? :)
    Scope

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    I had an early menopause, mid thirties, cant take hrt, have been using a holland and barrett herd for months now, they are easing the hot sweats but my arms and feet and back itch until i cant bear it, i dont have diabetes

Brightness