Life is what you make of it. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Life is what you make of it.

Options
AndyGT
AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
Well, now we things are beginning to return to some  degree of normality, if we can remember what that is.  What do you want? I don't think that things will be exactly as they were, but I bet we all have an idea as to what we want to come out of this.  Personally, the increased feeling of actually living in a society that cares and respects those that do difficult and sometimes thankless jobs, I hope that feeling lasts.  Helping a neighbour (whether it is buying food or just picking up a phone and saying 'Hi. How are you') I hope this society lasts.  The feeling that we are part of something bigger. Something special. I hope that lasts.  What do you want? If you want anything of course. 

Remember, life is what you make of it, and we have an unusual.opportunity to.make something memorable.

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @AndyGT
                           Thank you for sharing this insightful post with us, it is so true what you say, we are all now in a unique opportunity to make changes to our lives if we want too. Sometimes, it is hard and scary to take a risk, to put yourself out there and follow the goals that you have for life. It is not always easy and each of us will face our own personal battles, but it is how we come through these and you are absolutely right it is how, as a society, we support each other and how we must remember that we are all individually unique and all have something to offer. I too hope the society that you describes lasts, the weeks and months ahead are not going to be easy but we must continue to support one another. Thank you. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @AndyGT What an interesting post. I truly feel that things we took for granted before lockdown may make us appreciate them more. Like seeing friends and family and how hard it was to stay away and this can be positive to make us all think a little bit more about those we care about and those who are vulnerable
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,630 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @AndyGT i also hope that we have learnt some valuable lessons during this time, it would honour those who have died if we have. However whilst I think things will be different for a period I suspect that by this time next year it will be the same old same old.
    I hope i'm totally wrong and society understands how we can all be better people.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    Options
    I use to do a job that made me rather cynical and I'm afraid looking for the worse in people and to be honest generally finding it.  Following my  accident  surgery and subsequent disability I have found the best in people.   Whether it is at the hospital, at work or on this site. They all have good peoe. Oeopke who do the best.  Because of that I live in hooe that the best will out and the good will prevail. 
  • harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
    Options
    Life is what we are 'able' to make it if people listen and work towards the same goals. I hate people who say life's what you make it. They're generally people who have never really dealt with circumstance that has amounted to their current living condition. It's weak minded people who want to believe in some magic order of the universe. It sounds good but it's an insult for some. 

Brightness