In town — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In town

Awesomelorenzo
Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
A few months ago, I was walking down the high street, and this bloke on his bike can't decide how to avoid me. I have trouble going in a straight line anyway, so walk toward the side of the path, where the shops are. This guy is not looking where he's going and we're getting closer anfd closer, so I stand still. He would look up and avoid me. So when he really close, we swerved and muttered,
"Stupid idiot."
He really annoyed me. I wanted to shout back, but he might've rammed me with his bike.
Anyone had this experience with anyone?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,570 Disability Gamechanger
    Something similar we were walking along a pavement and a cyclist was coming the other way (also on the pavement, he should have been on the road) and shouted at us to "f__king move you c__ts"!

The person I was with shouted at him "cycle on the road like a big boy" but he didn't reply, he just rode off.

Some people are just rude and taking out their inadequacies on other people. I would say it is their problem not ours.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Cycling is for roads not pavements unless it’s a dedicated cycle path. He or she needs to grow up and cycle on the road not narrow crowded footpaths,pavement areas and shopping areas.
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    It's a regular occurrence and it's illegal.  We need some kind of registration for cyclists ....or at least the police should act on this illegal past time .
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,613 Disability Gamechanger
    I seem to have a disproportionate amount of issues with cyclists myself, both as a pedestrian and a driver. 

As above, there needs to be some way of identifying them because they know they can get away with anything under the current system.  Personally I'd ban them altogether, either drive cars on the road or walk on the pavement, bicycles are dangerous everywhere!

Brightness