PIP CLAIM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP CLAIM

james19o6
james19o6 Community member Posts: 158 Courageous
Hello Guys
I have done a pip claim in March 20th and in April 24th i have received the form, which i filled it out and send it back straight the next day on 25th of April. Its been now 12 weeks since i send the form in to the dwp. Do you guys have any advise, like will it take longer or is this a normal process?

Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales, it depends on backlog in your area. Face to face assessments are suspended due to Covid19, so you'll either have a phone assessment, paper based or they will wait for the face to face assessments to start back up again. No idea how long the wait will be. Under normal times people can wait severeal months and more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • james19o6
    Thank you very much. Also i applied pip on 20th march. If they confirm my entilement/ from what date will i be paid from? Do you have any idea?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community great to have you on board. If you are successful in your claim you will be paid from the date you applied.

Hope you get some news soon and fingers crossed for your claim, keep us updated
  • poppy123456
    Yes from the date you applied, providing you're not transfering from DLA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • J35
    J35 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    @james19o6 hi have you tried ringing PIP? they said when someone rang for me that they was waiting on my assessment and its a waiting game for now until they had my assessment report back ( so i knew then i was having a telephone assessment) they also gave me a number to ring to check on my assessment date a lady answered and had a look to see if there was any calculations (which there was) and manually booked in an phone assessment date for me hope this helps.
  • davegregson40
    davegregson40 Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    welcome to the community.
    When I applied for PIP it took around 16 weeks so that length of time is not unusual sadly 
  • J35
    J35 said:
    @james19o6 hi have you tried ringing PIP? they said when someone rang for me that they was waiting on my assessment and its a waiting game for now until they had my assessment report back ( so i knew then i was having a telephone assessment) they also gave me a number to ring to check on my assessment date a lady answered and had a look to see if there was any calculations (which there was) and manually booked in an phone assessment date for me hope this helps.
    sorry i meant cancellations not calculations. 
  • james19o6
    J35 said:
    Thank you very mucj J35 for the info. If you dont mind what contact number did you contact?
  • J35
    @james19o6 yes luckily i still have it 08001884881 (atos) i believe  
  • J35
    @james19o6 just to add that number was the number i rang to get a phone assessment, if your looking for PIP number you can get that easily on the internet hope it helps
  • poppy123456
    PIP enquiry line
    Telephone: 0800 121 4433

However, your file will have most likely been sent to the health assessment providers by now, so it will be those you'll need to ring and not DWP. This will either be Capita or Independent Assessment Services, you'll need to check which one covers your area.

• james19o6
    Hello guys, 
    Just wanted to update it. I have received a letter today stating my telephone assessment will be on wednesday the 12th of August 2020. Do you guys have any advice or etc?
  • poppy123456
    If you kept a copy of the form then have a read of that before the assessment because part of it will be to verify what you wrote, as well as any other information they need. The phone call can last anywhere from 20 - 90 minutes, sometimes longer. It really depends on what information they need.

Good luck.
  • james19o6
    Thank you for you info and advise mike. Its just i the form came to me really late and i had only 3 days left once i received so thats why.

But anyway i also receive lcwra would that be also helpful for them if i mention it?
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there just wanted to wish you luck I had my assessment recently I’m still waiting to hear back let’s us know how you get on 
  • james19o6
    cupcake88 said:
    Hi there just wanted to wish you luck I had my assessment recently I’m still waiting to hear back let’s us know how you get on 
    Thank you. I wish you luck too. Hopefully will update you soon 
  • james19o6
    Hello guys i just had my telephone assessment. And cant complain its was okay. However how long does it take to make them decision and send it to me and when can i request for a assessment report?

Many thanks
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi you van usually request your report after about 7 days you may get a text to say DWP have your report 

It can take around 8 weeks for decision but no set timescale depends on workload of the DM 
  • cupcake88
    Hi there I’m still waiting for my letter and my report but I called them and they told me over the phone . 
  • cupcake88
    @depressedmum09 hiya did you receive all your back pay today ok ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.