Universal credit form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit form

janejr
janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
I mite have posted this in wrong place but I'm struggling to fill this UC form in. It gets to the part about my condition and I've filled in my medical problems. Then it asks if I have a medical condition that prevents me from working , which I have as in disabled plus waiting for spine surgery. If you answer yes it wants a note from the doctor with a date on for when I get better. I won't be getting better as my conditions degenerate with time. So does it mean I need a sick note from doctor as didn't need one on ESA. I'm also in a support group and get disability income guarantee. I'm only changes to UC as moved address and my daughter gets my SDP now. Can't finish this form as I'm stuck.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Hi @janejr. It’s not the clearest application is it?
    I assume by you saying your daughter now receives your SDP you mean she’s claiming Carer Allowance so your SDP has stopped? 

If you haven’t submitted your UC claim yet and you are both happy for your daughter not to claim Carer’s Allowance, you may still be able to return to your ESA and housing benefit. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,029 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I did mention in your other thread that it maybe possible for your daughter to cancel the carers allowance and for you to reclaim the SDP but it may take a few weeks for the Carers allowance to be canceled. You will have to wait for that to be done before you can claim the SDP. It may also affect your daughters benefits, if she's claiming UC along side the carers allowance and her work commitments for UC may change because of it.

If you still want to go ahead and claim the UC then yes, you will need to fit note to claim becauase it will ask you for one but your support group award will be honoured, as previously advised.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @janejr. If you definitely want to proceed with the UC claim, there should be an option to say you don't have a fit note. If so, you'd select this and put a note on your journal explaining you already have a determined award for Support Group / LCWRA on ESA so don't require a fit note.

Handing in a fit note can trigger a reassessment so is definitely not recommended. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janejr
    Wish I'd read that before now @Adrian_Scope. They have told me they sending me a form to fill in about how my illness effects my capability to work. It's a joke the stress has killed my arthritis and I've already told them I've been referred for operation on my spine. I get sciatica all the way down to my toes I can't sit on my bum because my bottom muscle gets inflammation. The skin all round my hip bum cheek and back of thigh is numb. I've got osteoarthritis in every joint and have pain every day. They seriously want to know how this effects my ability to work. It effects my ability to live never mind work. It's a very sick joke. Can you give me any advice on how to answer any of the questions best. As I know from experience that the DWP can be tricky and not very honest.
  • poppy123456
    If you've already claimed UC then you'll need to ask them to send the MPG1 form to ESA so your ESA support group award can be transferred across.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janejr
  • janejr
    Have done that now fingers crossed for Monday when they respond
  • Adrian_Scope
    Let us know how you get on @janejr. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janejr
    Good afternoon @poppy123456 and @Adrian_Scope good news they messaged me on my journal that they have received my disability award from ESA and I no longer have to do a capability to work form or anything else as my award will go on to my UC claim. Many thanks to you two for helping me sort this all out I am so happy and relieved. 
    I can't understand why UC don't tell you to do these things anyway as I thought they were supposed to help you get the right benefits your entitled to. They weren't helpful at all. Xxxxx
  • Adrian_Scope
    I agree @janejr and it's really frustrating that they don't tell people. 

I'm really glad yours has been sorted so quickly. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from now on but do let us know if anything doesn't look right with your claim or you have any questions. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    Great news! Yes, i agree they don't make it easy for people to understand. Glad it sorted :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.