So tired.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So tired..

LuckyTony
LuckyTony Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Laying here after 3 nights with minimal sleep..

all my symptoms flaring and can’t stop crying.. 

cant even get close to being comfortable so can’t even doze. Yoga breathing isn’t working as I can’t concentrate. 

My wife is at work and I don’t want to start crying down the phone at her again.. 

don’t know what to do 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @LuckyTony we are always here if you would like to talk, vent or anything. We might not know the right thing to say sometimes but we will always listen :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    LuckyTony, Sorry to hear of your predicament. If this happens regularly, you need to have a plan in place, devised during one of your better days. Leave yourself instructions as to what you can do to help yourself when you get this low. One of them could be to remind yourself that you are capable of experiencing something other than this pain, sleeplessness and despair. 
    I speak as one who has chronic pain but also has experienced acute, excruciating, unmanageable pain through the last two decades, together with exhaustion and very disturbed sleep patterns, among other things. 
    We are all different of course. 
    At the moment, try to relax as much as you can. Never mind about Yoga breathing, just breathe in whichever way is comfortable. Don't worry about anything else, just rest and try to relax your muscles and your mind. 

When you start to feel better, think about a referral to a Pain Clinic. They may suggest different medication to help you. 
    You can always talk to the Samaritans but there may also be mental health helplines local to you. 

You can also also continue this thread. Wishing you all the best. 
  • Sorry_Susan
    Sorry_Susan Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Nights are the worst. Any chance of so.eone being with you? I can't help my daughter when her pain is so severe, but it seems a bit of a comfort when she is not alone.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Tony, I wonder if having a carer for a few hours a week would help.

They could pay games, take you out or just casually chat with you.

Having less time alone could take your mind off things and be stimulating.
  • shaz1234
    shaz1234 Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Hi Tony,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a major flare up.  Lack of sleep makes the pain unbearable and your mood feel worse.  I've had chronic pain for the last 4 years and really empathise with you.

I hope you've managed to get some rest since you posted.

Are you under a pain clinic and is your GP supportive?  I'm thinking from experience and agree with the posts above, I've found in my low moments if I'm with people, even if I don't want to engage it really takes my mind off things. I've found listening to music, watching films when I can't sleep or wake up from the pain is a good distraction.

I try to make the most of the better days and accept that the **** days are well, just **** but may not last forever.

I hope you feel a bit brighter soon.  I just wish there was a way to help end the pain for everyone so they can enjoy a better quality of life.  Chronic pain is awful

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

How are you feeling today, did you manage to get any sleep and feel any better.

I hope so, I find a nice relaxing bath with lavender scent or bubbles and then listening to some easy music and a cup of tea helps, but then again Im not in constant pain 

• LuckyTony
    LuckyTony Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi janer1967,Shaz1234,Pollyanna1052,sorry Susan,Oxonlady,Ami2301

Thank you all for replying and for your kind words and advice.

i have managed to get some sleep and I do feel better today. 

I’m familiar with most pain management techniques but when I hit sleep deprivation it’s just to hard to utilise them. 

The breathing exercises do help but again tough to stick to when you are in floods of tears and can’t use your nose! 

Thank you all again for your help..

Tony

• shaz1234
    shaz1234 Community member Posts: 6 Listener

Hi Lucky Tony

Good to hear that you managed to get a bit of rest and feel a little better.

All you can do is just take it one day at a time, rest when you can and be kind to yourself.

Wish there was a way that chronic pain could be erased for everyone who suffers from it.  It can be so debilitating and make you feel so low, like there isn't any hope.

Please take care and keep on chatting when you feel able to.  I'm new to this forum but it's really helping me by talking to others who understand how it feels :-)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    HI @LuckyTony, I'm glad others were available. Sounds like it's been a tough few days. I hope today has been okay, not being able to sleep and being in pain can be so hard!

Scope

Brightness