What makes you happy? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What makes you happy?

leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
There are always things to make us sad or unhappy but this thread is to talk about things which make us happy or cheerful.

Something that makes me happy is seeing little shoots pop up when I plant seeds, and there are lots of other things too, but what makes you happy?
?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
      It has to be my grandchildren, all 5 of the little devils..  :)<3 and chocolate  ;)
  • leeCal
    @vikingqueen I miss my youngsters, all grown up now but still no grandchildren!
    ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• vikingqueen
     @leeCal      i thought my 2 would never have children of their own then all of a sudden 4 grandchildren in 4 years   :o and 18 months ago a surprise 5th appeared so you never know your family might just surprise you one day 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leeCal

I would have to say my son brings me more joy than anything and makes me happy (most of the time lol) b ut I guess most people will say their children.

I also like baking cakes and people eating them
  • leeCal
    Hi @janer1967 I must admit I do like fruitcake a bit too much! ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    @leeCal Not one of my specialities as I dont like dried fruit, maybe I should make them though as it would stop me eating them. IMy favourites to make are 

Choc fudge, coffee and walnut, lemon drizzle and strawberries and cream.

I made banoffi pie at the weekend
  • leeCal
    @janer1967 I’m just off to the bakers! ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
  • vikingqueen
     Ooo cake... i like cake as well  :)
  • janer1967
    @vikingqueen Do you like eating cake or baking cake and what is your favourite
  • vikingqueen
      @janer1967 I like eating and baking   :) i tend to only bake when my granddaughter comes to visit, she is only 7 but a dab hand with a whisk... Lemon drizzle goes down well or just a victoria sponge  :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    This is a nice thread :)

I really enjoy going for a drive through the countryside on the B roads. I am a driving enthusiast so I enjoy the act of driving but even putting that to one side I like the sights, sounds and smells of the countryside and really enjoy being there so even if I get stuck behind a lorry or caravan it doesn't really matter as I can still appreciate being outside. I have done track driving where you focus on nothing else but driving, but really nothing compares with a relaxed drive through some country lanes. :)

I also like a drink of something nice like a craft beer, cocktail or glass of wine.

Sadly my two things don't mix. :D
  • leeCal
    edited July 2020
    This afternoon I had a nice chat with an old friend, haven’t seen him since March! We talked of old times and nothing much but just enjoyed the company, something else which makes me happy ?. Also with a nice cup of tea! Sadly no cake ? 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    @66Mustang the first time I ever explored lanes seriously was when I had a Vespa scooter. Many years ago and a lot less traffic on the road in those days. I still amaze people sometimes by knowing various shortcuts and scenic routes. Great fun, except for the greenfly I seem to remember which were a very real and present danger...to your hairstyle! ( before helmets)

― Dalai Lama XIV

• kaiasparrow
    kaiasparrow Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    My boyfriend. He is so understanding of my mental health and autism and he's so caring
  • leeCal
    Hi @kaiasparrow it’s great you have someone in your life that really understands you ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Things that make me happy:
    • A good cup of coffee
    • Laughing with friends and family
    • Seeing a film at the cinema
    • The seaside
    • Reading a good book
    Scope

• gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    What makes me happy is my hand getting cramps holding telephone and listening to did u know r busy times are Monday's and week days between 4pm and 5pm grrrr ⏰ ? Omg @janer1967 and @vikingqueen lemon drizzle cake is my favourite ? I'm hungry now ? Ha! Ha!
  • debbiedee513
    debbiedee513 Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
    Photography, walking & driving keeps me happy, the 1st 2 are free the driving is only when I can afford the extra petrol 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't drive but my wife does, we like to go on scenic drives, i like to watch movies at the cinema and at home, i love my kids, all grown now youngest is of to uni in sep, we have one grandchild so far, hoping for more, i love spending time with my wife,

Brightness