I get PIP not for fybro — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I get PIP not for fybro

Options
Bell11
Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
I currently get PIP. I was awarded it October last year for 12 months. Should have been having a renewal claim October this year but it's been extended till June next year due to covid-19.
I was awarded it before I was told I had fybro. It's for all the limitations with my ostioauthritus, diabetes, depression, and the way I eat due to having a gastosleve.   Since being awarded I've has two MRI,s and a load of tests to say I have further ostio on other parts..
I'm worried now I have a diagnosis of fybro they will say no to the next award.as they will think it's all fybro related 

Comments

• laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning :)

They don't tend to look at the diagnosis, it's just the way it affects your daily living and mobility. You could have ten different diagnoses but if none of them have an impact on how you live your life then you wouldn't be awarded PIP. Just make sure when you do get your renewal form you tell them how you're affected like you did before. Try not to get too hung up on the diagnosis side of things, it's great to have it as evidence but they will only look at what you can and cannot do every day.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • Bell11
    Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Morning. Thank you for your replay. Well with this on top of every thing else my mobility is worse. So I'll just do what I did before xx

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome as advised above is isnt about your diagnosis however there are lots of people claim PIP with FIBRO so this shouldnt make any difference

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.