PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Strange question.

Ben2303Ben2303 Member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi all, I’m not sure if anyone could give me an answer for this one, but if I moved out of a supported accommodation into a place of my own, can this effect my p.i.p benefit. 

My health condition hasn’t changed, but needing to move. 

I also really find I don’t get any assistance where I live. 

Ben 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,815 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No, it won't affect your PIP. However, if you're claiming any other benefits then they maybe affected. I'd advise you to speak to your social worker, if you have one.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,945 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us. If there is anything else we can help you with just ask
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,085 Disability Gamechanger
    You need advice before you do anything as you need to maybe sure you don’t accidentally trigger a UC claim.
  • Ben2303Ben2303 Member Posts: 24 Connected
    You need advice before you do anything as you need to maybe sure you don’t accidentally trigger a UC claim.
    It wouldn’t trigger a claim would it because I would not being putting a claim in for UC. 

Bit confused by your post 
  • Ben2303Ben2303 Member Posts: 24 Connected
    Hi,

No, it won't affect your PIP. However, if you're claiming any other benefits then they maybe affected. I'd advise you to speak to your social worker, if you have one.
    I don’t have a social worker, and wouldn’t waste time and energy seeking advice from them as they have never had an answer to any of my queries.

who should I consider contacting for advice, and what benefits could be affected?

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,945 Disability Gamechanger
    I would try CAB or welfare rights for advice 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,815 Disability Gamechanger
    Ben2303 said:
    It wouldn’t trigger a claim would it because I would not being putting a claim in for UC. 

Bit confused by your post 

That will depend on what other benefits you claim, and what PIP award you have.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,085 Disability Gamechanger
    If you moved area, for example, and were in receipt of ESA then you would need to ensure your ESA claim included the SDP. If it did not, and you tried to claim HB in that new area, your claim would be prevented and you’d be told to claim UC. There is no SDP in UC so that could be a very costly error. 

Basically you need advice before you do anything else. Try https://advicelocal.uk/
Sign in or join us to comment.