Pain through kids — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain through kids

Bell11
Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi all. 
Does any one feel the stress your kids give you adds to your fybro.  

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Bell11, I can understand what you are saying but actually this applies to any type of stress : stress makes you feel less able to cope and you become more aware of your pain levels. The increase in pain levels makes you less able to cope with stress and a downward spiral can easily be created.

It is important though, not to blame the children or anyone else. What is important is to find ways to help you cope with the situation. For instance, is there anyone who can help you with childcare so that you have time to relax and rest?
    I love my son to bits but when he was growing up there were times when I was in despair due to pain and exhaustion and lack of support. That was not my son's fault of course. 
    I wish there was more support. 
    Depending on your children's ages, there are some charities that can offer support. For example, Home Start can help mothers with very young children. 

I hope this helps. All the best. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Bell11 I can understand the stress children bring and it could be understandable that this aggravates your condition.

I have a teenage son who at times pushes me to the limit but thankfully this isnt very often, I just try and have some quiet time for us both to reflect 
  • Bell11
    Bell11 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Thanks both Janer 1967 i here ya with teens. There 17 and 12 so testing is most days. There great kids and I dont take my pain or stress out on them. The arguing is the main thing that drives me crazy. 
    I try and leave them to sort it most times it part of sibling rivalry. But I do have to step in from time to time. Oxonlady, I'll try and fine some me time... relaxation.  It is hard when you work full time have a home partner and 2 kids , but they will help out all three..why is it so hard for a mom not to feel guilty for wanting some relaxing time lol 
    Thanks 

Brightness