disabled bus pass with c+t entitlment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

disabled bus pass with c+t entitlment

richardg
richardg Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
I went to renew my bus pass at my local library last week and thought no problem straight forward  , No they told me I had to get the form signed by a doctor to prove I need it. My doctor is not signing forms as COVID 19 still on go so iam stuck. It clearly states on my pip letter i need someone with me but they say  the letter from pip no good what can I do, please

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to renew mine at the Tourist centre of all places and often find they are clueless about the rules, might be worth speaking to your local PTE (passenger transport executive) office to see if this really is policy now.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The most likely reason is because your PIP award doesn't automatically qualify you so they need other proof. You can check the criteria of the bus pass from your local council here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-disabled-bus-pass

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Is there any chance you can post the form to the doctors for the signature
  • richardg
    richardg Community member Posts: 19 Courageous
    doctors will not sign the form due to COVID 19 so i will have to have a disabled bus pass without carer so that means I will have to pay for a carer to travel with me 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I would contact the bus company and explain see if they can do anything surely they have made changes to reflect covid and inability to get forms signed 

I am also surprised docs are not signing forms they are signing prescriptions and do they not have electronic signatures 

Brightness