Got my telephone acessment next week please advice - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got my telephone acessment next week please advice

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    That’s great thanks for that info so what happens they tell you your points ? Over the phone or do they have to send it out to you ? 

Thanks for the info so helpful 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    cupcake88 said:
    That’s great thanks for that info so what happens they tell you your points ? Over the phone or do they have to send it out to you ? 

No, they don't tell you your points over the phone. As previously advised, if you request a copy of the report the recommendations will be in there somewhere towards the back of the report. Activities/descriptors will be ticked and you'll need to look at the descriptors online to work out how many points, if any have been recommended.

Once the decision's been made and you receive the letter the points will all be in the decision letter, clearly for you to see.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @cupcake88, best wishes with your tel assessment, really hope you get your benefit  :)
  • cupcake88
    @katho31 thanks for your kind words . My partner managed to get half a day off to be there while I have it I’m so nervous . Thank you for your kind words xx 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope it goes well @cupcake88
    Scope

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @cupcake88, take your time when answering, they are patient with you, please make sure you concentrate on how your illness affects you dy to day, ie, any aids use need, perching stool, handrails on bath/shower seat?, raised toilet seat, grabber that can help you pick up newspaper book meds, is cooking a meal a danger to you or others?, do you use a microwave lots, is your shopping delivered, to you have any aids, knee supports/ stick, how many days out of 7 do you need help/aids/assistance, do you feel a burden/distressed/depression hope this helps a little, best wishes and good luck, please if you need a rest tell them, have a drink of water, take your tablets  :)
  • cupcake88
    @katho31 thank you for that again very helpful info . Thanks for all your good luck wishes , My disabilities are all
    mental disabilities that affect my life day to day . I don’t use the cooker as I’m scared bad things will happen so I don’t use it . I use microwave some times . I have to eat out the same plate and same cutlery Even tho it’s really old , I have had days where I’m embarsssed to say I have wore dirty clothes for days and not bathed if it wasn’t for my amazing partner I’m not sure where I would be properly sectioned again . 

You know the section that states bout therapy and medication does mental health nurse and mind zoom calls count as the therapy part ? Because I’m not ready for trauma therapy my nurse says . I often miss her call so my partner has to remind me when she’s calling and set alarms etc . 

My partner also had to remind me to brush my hair and even do it for me when my anxiety takes over . 

I’m blessed that I have medication and a good nurse I don’t hear voices as much as I used to but I still hear them and see things . There prob gonna think I’m nuts it’s embarrassing really . My nurse said I’m not to leave any thing out . 

I’m fine using the toilet on my own , I can read when I’m not really anxious if I’m having a bad day there I don’t make sense and nothing makes sense . 

Even tho I’m on meds ect still a  week doesn’t go past when I don’t have a flash back and I’m scared to close my eyes and rest . 

I rarely travel in a car because my abusive partner nearly killed me in one so I won’t go on long journeys if we plan to I end up asking my partner to go back home and I have horrendous panic attacks which have lead to my breaking down in a car which is dangerous for the person driving .

regarding to communication I tend to email people . I only really want to be around my partner and my dog I’m weary of people . Especially what happened to
    me when I tried to go back to work really set me back . 

I’m worried that if I explain that all it will go against me I duno I’m just nervous . I have had such a tuff time stuck in my own head . I just really hope the accessor I get is expirienced with mental illnesses I really could do with some good luck . Because appeals take ages so I really hope I can get this little bit of extra money . 
  • YvonneMK
    YvonneMK Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi I’m Yvonne and i am going through the process of applying for PIP. I have just had my phone assessment last week which lasted an hour an a half.  I found it quite mentally gruelling but it helped that I had done notes to refer to when asked questions. I decided to apply for pip because I have found life over the last year getting more challenging, I have suffered with depression all of my life and have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and polymyalgia,  I suffer from severe headaches incontinence and bowel problems so explained all this in the form fut have been left feeling dispondent after receiving a copy of my report today.  It looks like I wont be awarded pip due to the fact I work part time as a cleaner.  Even though my four hours a day are split into two hourly shifts and I only do light duties for most of my time at home I am constantly tired and do not manage things around the house.  I only force myself out to work as it is the only time I am out the house and there is little else going in the way of employment in my area.  I have tried for other jobs but been turned down.  I dont go out and socialize as I find that hard to do so in a nutshell I dont live i am only surviving. According to the report due to me managing to work there is little wrong with me and that I do not score enough points to get pip. sorry for being so down about it
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    YvonneMK said:
    Hi I’m Yvonne and i am going through the process of applying for PIP. I have just had my phone assessment last week which lasted an hour an a half.  I found it quite mentally gruelling but it helped that I had done notes to refer to when asked questions. I decided to apply for pip because I have found life over the last year getting more challenging, I have suffered with depression all of my life and have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and polymyalgia,  I suffer from severe headaches incontinence and bowel problems so explained all this in the form fut have been left feeling dispondent after receiving a copy of my report today.  It looks like I wont be awarded pip due to the fact I work part time as a cleaner.  Even though my four hours a day are split into two hourly shifts and I only do light duties for most of my time at home I am constantly tired and do not manage things around the house.  I only force myself out to work as it is the only time I am out the house and there is little else going in the way of employment in my area.  I have tried for other jobs but been turned down.  I dont go out and socialize as I find that hard to do so in a nutshell I dont live i am only surviving. According to the report due to me managing to work there is little wrong with me and that I do not score enough points to get pip. sorry for being so down about it

HI and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear that. It would have been better to start your own thread with this because you've posted on the end of someone else's and that causes confusion.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you should put this in writing stating where and why you think you should have scored those points. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Yes people work and claim PIP but if the work you do contradicts the reasons for your claim then this can go against you.

Do be aware that most MR decisions remain the same so it's likely you'll have to take it to Tribunal.

If you're able to get advice from an advice centre near you then i'd advise you to do that. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    @YvonneMK
    im sorry to hear this did you not score any points ? That’s upsetting to know they based it off the fact you do part time work I didn’t think they could do that ? Did you not score any points at all just because you work part time ? I’m sorry to hear this hun I can only imagine that’s my biggest fear being turned down for it . But there are amazing people on this forum who can offer you advice in regards to a appeal . I know it feels like hassle but there are successful stories of people fighting for pip . 

I have my telephone appointment next week ? Did you find it easier them being on the phone ? Did they ask you then if you worked ? Ect . 
    I currently do not work even tho looking for part time work I really don’t think I’m ready but some times you feel like ugh have no choice . 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Hi @YvonneMK, so sorry to hear that but I don’t think  it is because you work, my son works and got his award but it’s due to his disability . As you have taken notes you need to re- look at these and go for MR but as you have been advised by poppy123456 you will most likely have to go to appeal. Good luck
  • cupcake88
    Can you go straight to a appeal or do you have to do the mr ? Im so greatful for every one on this forum . 

With your telephone call ? Did you find they took time to listen to you ? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi you have to do MR all will be detailed in your decision letter and if your not awarded we will be here to help with advice on MR

But dont think that far yet just think about the assessment remember 1 thing at a time 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Just want to wish yous well, hope both of yous get an award take care ?
  • cupcake88
    Thanks so much . As you can all tell I’m getting quite worked up and anxious I just know that this extra bit of money will make such a difference to my independence . I guess I’ll have to appeal if I don’t and I’ll cross that bridge when it comes to it . I’ll deal with this first then I have to then prepare for this pre hearing I have for employment tribunal they still haven’t responded to my et1 form @janer1967 they still have time but you would of thought they would of acted on I ASAP they have like 2 weeks left to do it . 

I also forgot to mention acas contacted me and said they are waiting for there response well a copy of there response but I have feeling there gonna respond to my et1 form there silence speaks of there guilt . 
  • janer1967
    It is quite common for companies to leave response to last minute often because it is passed to legal department to respond and they make sure it is all correct 

It's like paying bills if there is a deadline as long as it is sorted by then there is no issue 
  • cupcake88
    @janer1967 oh really I thought they prob wanna get it over and done with ASAP . My partner thinks there make a settlement but I always think of the worst case so im
    not then let down I’m prepared to take that all the way to the tribunal unless a sensible offer is made . But these cases can take years I was told . 

Regarding my pip im trying my best to keep calm but im
    nervous and I feel my self getting really worked up over it 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 Hope things get sorted soon and let’s you get some peace from all the stress, and again good luck with pip assessment, take care ?
  • cupcake88
    @janer1967 Hi Janer I need advice if you can help I recoeved a letter from my past employer basically they have decided to ask for a  extention on the grounds of them wanting to seek legal advice again I believe this is just them messing abOUT CAN i appeall this. 
  • janer1967
    Hi 

I'm sorry I'm not sure about the answer maybe contact ACAS 

Does it not say in the letter your options who are they asking for the extension us it you or the tribunal 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.