Finally had my telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finally had my telephone assessment

LithaRiddle
LithaRiddle Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello. I'm severely disabled with sight impairment, arthritis, PTSD, autism and mobility problems. I finally had my telephone assessment yesterday and the guy on the phone seemed really nice. Even though I talked for an hour and forty minutes, I kept forgetting stuff lol. I've got to wait for the results and I needed some reassurance so I don't do something stupid. I've been having panic attacks over it so any good news would be very welcome about now.  >_<

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LithaRiddle

Good Afternoon & Welcome to our online community/family. 

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes we have got some info & advice & Members who have already gone through the whole process.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with????

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LithaRiddle Welcome to the community and it sounds like your assessment went ok.

You should receive a text soon saying the DPW have your report once you get this or a week after the assessment call DWP and request a copy of the report .

This will indicate the points the assessor has recommended it isnt a final decision but will give you some idea of the assessment, ther DM ususally goes with the report in majority of cases

Keep us updated on the outcome
  • LithaRiddle
    I was actually pleased they sent my letter in large print. I usually have to struggle with the letters. So I'm hoping it's a good sign. My mental health just gets really bad during these things. So I'm trying to find as much reassurance as I can. I'll definitely keep updating. He also apologised several times because I had to talk about past assaults that have made my health worse. He didn't ask me, but I felt I had to explain why my hips and legs hurt so much.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LithaRiddle

That was good nes about your letter being in the right format as required.

Please please come back to me if things get too much.

I will always be here for you “as & when required”

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi & welcome @LithaRiddle - Hopefully not too long until you can ring the DWP to get a copy of your assessment report. :)
  • LithaRiddle
    Can you do that? Would be great to have a copy since my mum's tablet ran out of memory to record the whole assessment.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    HI and welcome,

If you live in the Uk wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. When you receive it look at the PIP descriptors online to see what score has been recommended.

You say you recorded the assessment, i'm assuming you got permission to do that?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LithaRiddle
    I'm sorry it's taken a while for me to post an update for my claim. I got my award letter on the 17th August. I've been given enhanced for both up to 2024, which I'm so relieved about. It's really taken a load off, even though I'm confused about the arrears thing and how long I'll still be paid DLA for. 
  • poppy123456
    That's great news. As you were claiming DLA previously then you won't receive any backdated money. Your PIP award letter should tell you when you'll receive your first payment for PIP.

Whether you'll receive anymore DLA payments will depend when your last payment was and when the PIP decision was made. If you're not sure then you can ring DWP and they will tell you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update and congratulations on the outcome @LithaRiddle.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • LithaRiddle
    It's an increased rate for me, I was on middle care and lower mobility. My disabilities had got worse but I had to wait for the pip letter. It's a lot so I'm hoping I don't go manic and spend too much.
  • poppy123456
    Although it's a higher award level than what you were claiming for DLA there still won't be any backdated money owed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.