lcwra query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lcwra query

butterfly1xx
butterfly1xx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
hi, me and my partner have been on a joint uc claim since april 2019. Since then we have continued to send in sick notes. I filled in the work capability form but never heard anything back and continued to send in the sick notes. At the beginning of feb we breifly split up. Around a week later when we went back on to the joint claim i was asked on the phone why my partner had never had a work capability assessment. I explained that i had sent off the form and never heard anything back, the advisor on the phone told me they had received it last year but basically nothing was done about it. My partner finally had a telephone based work capability assessment last thursday and we have received a letter today saying he has been placed in lcwra and that if any money is owed we will receive a letter in 7 working days to confirm this. When i called uc earlier they confirmed they sick notes on the system from 3rd may onwards. I understand that there is a 3 month wait from when you start sending in sick notes to get any extra money if you are entitled to it. Does this mean he would receive a back payment from august last year? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I sounds like money is owed but how much depends on when your assessment periods are because it's awarded from the 4th assessment period. It needs to be 3 full assessment periods before it's paid. Providing there's been no gaps in sending in the fit notes backdated money will be paid.

Please also be aware that although both of you have been sending in fit notes, you can only receive 1 LCWRA element in your claim. This means if both of you are awarded LCWRA only 1 payment is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @butterfly1xx

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

It’s great to see you have already meet Poppy.

She is very very good with Benefits on our site/community.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with????

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @butterfly1xx - I see your query has been answered, but I'd just like to say welcome to the community. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @butterfly1xx. Please do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

• butterfly1xx
    sorry it is my partner who has lcwra not me im his carer. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @butterfly1xx Welcome to the community, glad you have joined us and good news your partner has been awarded . I look forward to seeing you around
  • butterfly1xx
    thanks, im just worried they wont backdate his claim 
  • janer1967
    Dont worry about that they will as long as sick notes have been provided with no gaps.

I got backpay when I won my tribunal and that was over a years worth of back pay.

I would suggest you do a rough calculation as they calculated mine incorrectly saying I had been overpaid in child element which when they checked was incorrect so if I hadnt queried it I would have lost out on a significant amount due
  • poppy123456
    thanks, im just worried they wont backdate his claim 

I can't see any reasons why they wouldn't backdated the money he's owed. Difficult to give advice on how much is owed without knowing when your assessment periods are and the date the first fit note was sent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • butterfly1xx
    They said his first sick note was on 3rd may 2019. Our assessment period is 22nd until 23rd following month. 
  • butterfly1xx
    oh no other way round so this month our assessment period is 23rd june until 22nd july
  • poppy123456
    My calculations say that the LCWRA element will be paid from August 2019.
  • butterfly1xx
    Got our statement today and they have included the lcwra element and have also agreed to backdate 10 months. Thanks for your help
  • janer1967
    Great news thanks for sharing 
  • butterfly1xx
    The review date for another assessmeny is 26 months. Im curious if it will be 26 months from last year or this year when he actually had the assessment.
  • poppy123456
    It really makes no difference because the timescale is just a guide and nothing more. You can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.