Won appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won appeal

sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
Sorry it’s a bit long and a little late (due to Illness) but l want to give an update on my pip appeal. After receiving my court documents only 10 days beforehand, I spent every minute possible going through all the paperwork trying to find discrepancies and contradictions. I had sent in further evidence at the last minute and a covering letter stating why I though the points I was awarded were wrong and what I thought they should be. Even though I submitted them late they were allowed. I was very nervous and stressed waiting for the phone call and was nearly sick when my phone eventually rang. I needn’t have worried. The judge was a really lovely lady who put me at ease straight away, as did the doctor (who was also very sympathetic,)and the disability expert. The judge first spoke about the letter I had sent and said they were very pleased that I had as they knew straight away and in detail what I was appealing thus making it easier.  Although I had 5/6 descriptors that I was appealing she said they only wanted to discuss three. At the end of the conversation I was asked why I didn’t complain about the ha’s report, I said that I wanted to but wasn’t well enough. I then had the agonising wait for the letter from the Court. It came the next day and I won my appeal and was awarded Enhanced for both which was backdated to May 2019. It’s a process that I definitely don’t want to repeat but at least I’m more knowledgeable now if I ever have to. Good luck to anyone who is appealing and try not to worry to much, easier said than done I know.,

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.