Assessor lied on the report, how to deal with this? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor lied on the report, how to deal with this?

Options
Kam786
Kam786 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, iwas in a majir accident where i sustained kife changing injuries, i went to my assessment f2f a few months ago and the assessor lied on the report, to say im ok when im on an walking frame with rods and screws in my leg and have more surgery to have on my shoulder, shiulder blade and my skull as i have fractures, i am finding it so difficult to believe that the dwp would just fib u off like this, i have put in for an MR but still they wouldnt over ride the dicission, im confused as to where im to go for help as this is just an unfair system, i since uave started suffering from depression and am registered with healthy minds, i need some serious advise on how to deal with this, please someone direct me to the right peopke for help
Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the community,

There is lots of advice on here relating to appealing PIP decision but also you could contact CAB or welfare rights for help.

Your next action would be to appeal the decision and go to tribunal, your MR decision letter should have details of how to do this. Also note that MR does have a low success rate but tribunal success rate is a lot higher 

Have a look through the PIP section for advice or if there is any specific questions you have just ask
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the community,

There is lots of advice on here relating to appealing PIP decision but also you could contact CAB or welfare rights for help.

Your next action would be to appeal the decision and go to tribunal, your MR decision letter should have details of how to do this. Also note that MR does have a low success rate but tribunal success rate is a lot higher 

Have a look through the PIP section for advice or if there is any specific questions you have just ask
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kam786

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your “pip” 

Yes we have got many members in & around “pip”

I have got a very very good friend on here who is very good with Benefits/pip.

I will forward your post onto her straightaway If that would help???

@steve51

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Kam786, just wanted to check in to see if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.