Uc50 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Uc50

Mikew1978
Mikew1978 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
I'm under local mental health, local adult social services I have a carer through my local mental health I also have a Tennant support officer. I have been in a mental hospital 3 times and only 2 weeks ago attempted an overdose. I have ptsd, stress trauma and anxiety since the death of my son. My carer filled in my uc50 and sent it off late January this year with lots of supporting evidence, they are saying they haven't received it even though I have proof as my carer filled it in and posted it and I have a text dated the 5th of February still on my phone stating they had received it. I'm at my whits end and have just had my medication upped and that may have partly triggered the overdose attempt. Why should I have to repeat the process and go through all the stress and strain of getting help to refill out another uc50 plus wait months again when I have already done it and been waiting 7 months. They only told me 3 weeks ago they hadn't received it, just don't know what to do. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community, Sorry about your situation and that they seem to have lost your form.

Dud you not keep a copy for your own reference, it is always advisable ti have a copy as tjhis will help at later stage when you have your assessment and also like in your case it gets lost.

II would try and speak to them again as you can sometimes gert a different answer from different people you speak to.

Unfortunately if it is lost there isnt much you can do if you dont have a copy other than apply again. 

However if you are assessed as LCWRA the payment will be backdated to the 4th assessment period since you submitted your first sick note
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Did your carer keep a copy of the form that was sent? Copies should always be kept for this very reason. It has been known for them to lose the forms. The UC50 form is mostly returned to the Health Assessment Advisory Service, rather than to DWP have you rang them?

If they have lost the form, that's bad yes but i'm unsure what else you can do other than fill out another form and return it with all your evidence. If you don't then they won't be able to assess you correctly.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mikew1978
    Hi and thanks, yes I've spoken to them several time's and are apparently still looking as they acknowledged I have a text from dwp stating their receipt of it. My carer said he had backed up a copy but can't seem to find it. My argument is if they accept they sent a text to me which I still have how can they say they haven't received it, thanks again. 
  • poppy123456
    What they probably mean is that they have lost it, i've known this to happen before. Is your carer able to have a search to see if they can find it and then you'll be able to just post it off, with your evidence. I'm assuming if they lost the form, any evidence will be gone too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mikew1978
    I've asked him, he said he did do a copy and print it off, he works for my local council so all their computers are linked to one or two printers, he was checking his computer under saved or sent documents as hopefully it will be there. A just can't face it again I've worked all my life and then this is what happens in my time of need. My son died of 13 counts of negligence from my local hospital my illness has stemmed from that. I've just fought pip for 9 months, I've nothing left in me to do it again,thanks.
  • Mikew1978
    My other main issue at the moment is I don't leave the house, this was well before covid. Just before Christmas a family member reported me missing as I hadn't been seen for 3 months. I only ended up getting help because the police were going to break my door in as they thought I'd committed suicide. I've been living off £226 a month as I'm stopped rent arrears and advance payments, I have nothing to eat till I get paid on the 13th of August. I can't get another advance and am isolated where I live, I have no family or friends so I'm pretty much buggered. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Mikew1978. I'm really sorry to read how difficult things have been for you. 
    I'm concerned that you are without money or food until the 13th August. Is your carer unable to help with this or to organise a food bank referral for you?

With regards to your UC50, I've seen many people be successful by addressing the DWP with a strongly worded letter giving them a set timescale/deadline to locate your form and medical evidence (i.e personal data) or you'll have no choice but to contact the Information Commissioner (ICO) to report their poor handling of your personal information. This usually prompts them look a little bit harder. 

How often are you seeing your support team at the moment? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Mikew1978
    Hi Adrian, firstly thanks for your reply, unfortunately my carer Is on annual leave so I'm unable to get access to any food. I'm isolated here and don't go out so I've no choice but to wait till the 13th.i rang CHDA who confirmed in a few short minutes that Tey gad received my uc50 back in February as I knew. They have already written to my gp and have tried to contact my case manafet Joshua at Universal credit more then once. So in short the fault lies solely with u/c. Thanks
  • Mikew1978
    They are still not answering me from universal credit, my case manager called joshua was supposed to reply to me by 6pm last Friday, I've rang numerous times and started an official complaint, they know they've made a mistake as CHDA have confirmed receipt of my Uc50 in February, they wont respond so I don't know what to do. I don't get paid till the 13th and my carer is on annual leave I have no food and do not leave my home due to my mental state, I've told them this and that I'm basically going to starve. I'm isolated and have no family or friends. 
  • poppy123456
    It would be CHDA that will have lost your form and not DWP because they are usually returned to them.
    Who's replacing your carer while they are on annual leave? do you not have a replacement while they are on annual leave?
  • Mikew1978
    No chda have my form, within 5 minutes of speaking to CHDA they confirmed receipt of my uc50 and confirmed they had already written to my gp, it's universal credit that has been useless, my case manager at u/c will not reply or respond to me. There is nobody to replace my carer at the moment, thanks
  • poppy123456
    If CHDA have your WCA form then it's nothing to do with DWP at this stage because it's in the hands of the assessment providers until the report has been writen and returned to DWP. Waiting times vary depending on backlog, threre's really no time scales.

Is your carer employed by a care home or agency? are they able to send someone else to replace them while they are away? What about neighbours? do you have someone to ask for help if you were able to get a food bank voucher?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @Mikew1978, our food and essentials during coronavirus page has been recently updated with more resources. It might be worth having a look there and seeing if there's any support local to you.

As you're already under your local adult social services you could also get in touch with them and they should be able to help you get access to food until your next UC payment. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Mikew1978
    I've tried them all, unless I collect the food parcel myself I'm buggered. I don't leave my home and am isolated in an area where I don't know a single person. I have no family and friends as my health pushed them away a long time ago. It is what it is so I'll just have to wait, thanks. 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there I know nothing bout universal credit but I just wanted to post to say I’m sorry for the loss of your son . My disability is mental illness so I can relate . I have been homeless years ago and have been with out money . And when your really mentally ill you have 0 time to be filling out forms well that’s From my opinion . 

I know what it’s like to be in debt also think we can all prob relate to that . All tho I don’t have any useful helpful info I just wanted to say your not alone . 

Regarding to you not having food what bout food bank ? They should be able to help ? 

Kind regards 
  • Mikew1978
    Thanks, I was married own home nice car self employed well paid job. In two years I've lost everything, fortunately I have a roof over my head but that's about it, thanks again. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hello @Mikew1978. Your adult social services should be able to pick up and deliver a food parcel to you. A lot of food banks will also deliver if the situation is explained to them. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.