appeal for lcwra as placed in lcw group any advice... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

appeal for lcwra as placed in lcw group any advice...

Comments

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,115 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh fingers crossed that it’ll get sorted out fast for you, last thing you need after a long appeal, take care.
  • chrisk34
    chrisk34 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    @Lou67 thank you I’m sure they will see I left a note on my journal just saying the claim started may 2018 and it stated that in the tribunal notes so they shouldn’t be able to fob me off 
  • Lou67
    Oh definitely not, let us all know how you get on, take care Chris.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,936 Disability Gamechanger
    chrisk34 said:
    @poppy123456 I guess once my partner was added to the claim it would look like a new claim as all the payments previously had been removed from the list.
    Yes, that's exactly what the problem is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chrisk34
    @Adrian_Scope hi ade is that correct then where by if i started my claim in may 2018 and handed fit notes in from the start without a gap in them and then my partner joined my claim in february 2020 they should backdate from whatever it is after 3 clear assessment periods starting from may 2018 rather then when my partner joined my claim, ive not heard nothing back from leaving a message on my journal as yet . and really don't want to be getting messed around 
  • poppy123456
    Yes it's paid from the 4th full assessment period providing there's been no gaps with sending in the fit notes. See link and scroll down to waiting period. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Universal_Credit_Work_Capability_Assessment

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chrisk34
    @poppy123456 I was left a message on my journal and they said something like I was assessed as lcw for my single claim and for the joint claim I got the entitlement of lcwra so i explained, the situation where I didn’t get a assessment until maybe November 2019 and then the decision of lcw in in December then my partner joined my claim and then I started the appeal process. Its clearly written in the tribunal papers the claim started in may 2018 I don’t see what is so difficult lol they have me worried as it’s over 5k they still owe me ?
  • chrisk34
    After abit of back and forth I’ve got it sorted finally they are making the payment tomorrow was abit of a headache trying to explain what had happened but it’s all good now can stop stressing out finally 
  • Lou67
    Aww great news ? really happy for you now you can relax a bit, enjoy your night stress free Chris ?
  • chrisk34
    What a nightmare the entry in my journal from yesterday saying the underpayment would be made has been deleted from my journal thankfully I took a screenshot of it, I was due to get a call today before 6pm but after seeing the journal entry missing I called and as per usual getting mixed messages, been told names of two different people who are meant to be my work coach who are meant to be contacting me and no one has and not only that last entry by someone I spoke to has now said someone will be in touch by 6pm tomorrow latest, how can they delete a journal entry seems so dodgy no back payment received in bank as of yet and no reply in the journal from my last note left ?
  • Lou67
    Awww Chris that is awful some carry on off these  people it’s disgusting, I really hope it gets sorted soon I feel so bad for you, life can be stressful enough without all this **** ☹️
  • chrisk34
    @Lou67 hopefully tomorrow they will sort it out and get someone who knows what they are doing to sort it out, I cannot believe the amount of messing about they cause. For something that is pretty simple and straight forward to sort out, they shouldn’t be allowed to do this to people ?
  • Lou67
    Oh definitely not, it’s a disgrace but they keep getting away with it, fingers crossed for you it’s sorted tomorrow let’s no how it goes take care pal .
  • chrisk34
    what a carry on im having. received journal note this morning saying the journal entry was deleted by accident and then a call this morning, so i finally got to speak to my work coach who was not really helpful but trying to act lie she was doing me a favour i explained everything in detail. she has some how worked out that the backdated payment should only cover from 01/02/19 to 01/12/19 even though i had been handing in fit notes since may 18 she said that is as far back as im allowed to go if you are not happy you need to write to your MP apparently my fit note from may 18 don't count for some unknown reason so i'm about 6/7 payments from being made whole at present. i dont get why they made everything such a headache :( my assessment period started may 1st 2018 first fit note covered from may 1st 2018 
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry you're having such an ordeal. This is obviously incorrect and they do owe you the backdated money for the time you stated.

I would contact your local MP https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/ You can also request the MR for the decision not to backdated your money for the full amount of time.

• Lou67
    So sorry to hear this Chris it’s unbelievable what theyr doing with you, I really hope you get it sorted.
  • chrisk34
    @poppy123456 I’ve just contacted CAB to get some help with it as I don’t wanna make my self stressed and unwell with it all the way I was spoken to on the phone was really patronising and like they was doing me a favour by even giving me what they have so far and to be told if I’m not happy then contact my MP that’s just unbelievable.. I hate the way people like this use to the phone to speak to you like ? like there isn’t any trace of there bad intentions 
  • chrisk34
    honestly thank you all for the advice and support it’s been amazing, it’s kept me informed of what is what really appreciated ? I’m sure it will get sorted some how I always end up with the most problematic situations so it isn’t new to me ? i just don’t like people taking advantage of The vulnerable and seeing it first hand has made me look at how the dwp deal with things differently. Hopefully all this will educate me so in the future I can help someone else if they have a similar situation. 
  • poppy123456
    I'm glad you're getting some help. It has been know for DWP not to backdated the money owed if you go from a single claim to a couple claim in the middle of waiting for a WCA.
  • chrisk34
    @poppy thankfully I had my WCA before adding my partner onto my claim, and then started the appeal process. Otherwise it would of restarted the whole assessment period again from what I can see. Thanks for all your advice @poppy123456

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.