What makes you happy? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What makes you happy?

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Thinking about it Eton mess makes me way happier than it should! 

Another thing which makes makes me laugh is the sight of a mother duck or goose leading a troop of chicks ? so funny, they follow literally anywhere.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi everyone :)  hope you are all doing well :)  lovely reading your posts, very heartwarming :)  we don't have children but we have each other <3  anyway, the match is going well!! Liverpool are 3-1 up at mo so all good for us, our paisley/shankley pictures in our window and just hoping we win so we can lift the trophy at half 10 with even more pride <3
  • leeCal
    edited July 2020
    Hi @katho31, I hope your team does well this evening. 
    On a different matter, someone asked me how to send a message, a pm, and I thought you just entered the online name in recipients but that doesn’t work. Do you have to put the actual persons email address in the recipients box? Ta.

its okay katho31 I’ve found an old post which explains it well. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Photography, walking & driving keeps me happy, the 1st 2 are free the driving is only when I can afford the extra petrol 
    I love photography too @debbiedee513! What do you like taking photos of?
    Scope

• katho31
    Hi @leeCal, we did it!!! thanks for your message  :) last night was a mixture of happiness, memories of my late dad and also the hillsborough families loss who we hold dear in our hearts and euphoria that we waited 30 years to lift the cup, amazing night  :)
  • katho31
    oh and the sight of the mother duck goose leading her little chicks that you wrote @leeCal was so lovely, they are very cute bless :)
  • leeCal
    @katho31 congratulations on last night, what a score! Well done ? ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Hi @leeCal apparently the squad had a party after and they sang a song about man u.....cant repeat it but was so funny when i watched it online this morning  :)
  • Francis_theythem
    Francis_theythem Community member Posts: 120 Pioneering
    Things that make me happy are... cricket, my family and friends, my mum's cooking, gardening - even weeding, because it's just nice to get outside. Also, Tolkien's books.
    I love lemon drizzle too! But my favourite is carrot cake. And my mum found a really good gluten free dairy free recipe so now I can eat it again!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Ooo the cakes sound lovely @Francis_theythem! My favourites would have to be sticky toffee pudding or lemon drizzle.
    Scope

• leeCal
    edited July 2020
    A Personal letter or parcel in the post I find very exciting even if I’ve ordered the parcel myself...doh! 

I actually haven't had a letter since I was a young boy but a card suffices. ? 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Hi @Francis_theythem I like gardening too and I manage better by having plants in pots. Firstly I can move them wherever I like and secondly there are far far less weeds to contend with, which makes me...happy! ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Hi @leeCal and everyone  :) i started my hanging baskets 3 months ago, after a break of 3 years!! they are so lovely and really blossoming  :) still think the sight of the goose and her ducklings following her is as cute as anything  :)
  • katho31
    Oh and the smell of fish and chips from a chip shop mmmmmm :)
  • leeCal
    Definitely @katho31 and the smell of cooking onions from a hot dog stall! Powerful stuff.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Oh yes!!! i just love that smell and i adore onions so much  :) think we will have to get some fingers rolls and get the hot dogs and onions going!! some have mustard its just bit too hot for me  :)
  • Francis_theythem
    It's ages since I had stick toffee pudding! I should ask my mum to make it for me. There's coffee cake downstairs at the moment though! I must not get too hasty :P
    Gardening's really good for me both physically and mentally, and a good motivation to go outside. I've only just been able to start it again so I hope I can continue
    Definitely getting a hanging basket or plant pots when I go back to uni!
  • katho31
    Oh sounds lovely the coffee cake  :) yum yum  :) yes i agree, plants, herbs and just seeing how the changing seasons help them  :) 
  • Francis_theythem
    It is!! I used to love herbs so much before I got ill, especially learning all the folk traditions and medical things it used to be/is used for. Hopefully I can rekindle that a bit. What are your favourite flowers and herbs?
  • katho31
    half asleep here  :) but dill/mint/corriander herbs  :) adore lillys and white/yellow roses  :)

Brightness