Waiting for decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for decision

rubyjulie
rubyjulie Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi all
I am new to community scope. Was wondering how long people are waiting for PIP decision. I started my claim in February 2020. I've had a telephone assessment. I have since requested a copy of the report
 and received it. But how long before I get a decision. Is it based on regional workloads. I feel so stressed and sick of waiting.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    HI and welcome,

There's no timescales. It can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. It's depends on backlog in your area.

As you've received the report have you looked at the PIP descriptors online to see if an award is recommended? They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it.

Once the decision is made if you're not happy then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rubyjulie
    Hi
    Thanks for the welcome. Yes I've cross referenced the report with the descriptors. According to this I should be awarded enhanced on both counts. But until I receive the decision letter I'm not convinced. I feel physically sick waiting, it borders on cruel the length of time people are made to wait. Is
     there anyway I can contact my regional office to find out what's happening?
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there and welcome to the community it’s very supportive and we are all here for you . I filled mind out in feb too and I have my phone accessment next week . 

Good luck I hope your awarded pip and Keep us updated 
  • rubyjulie
    Hi
    So yours is taking longer than mine if you haven't had your assessment yet ? good luck with it.
  • poppy123456
    You can contact DWP to ask but the waiting times for them to answer are very long. If a decision hasn't been made then they can't tell you what it is. Unfortunately, you're not the only person waiting and this causes backlog. Especially with Covid19 and a lot of advisors from DWP are working from home at the moment.

Hopefully it won't be too long. If you're owed backdated money then this is usually received before you have the decision letter. I've had multiple PIP assessments and they've never gone against the report for me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rubyjulie
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome, hopefully you’ll hear soon, it’s a really stressful process to go through, but hopefully you’ll receive what has been suggested in your report, take care ?
  • rubyjulie
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi @rubyjulie hope you are able to relax a little, it is so awful the not knowing and we understand and are here  :) best wishes 
  • rubyjulie
    Thank you all so much. Couldn't stand it any longer so phoned them. Great news I've been awarded enhanced rate for both!!!! I'm so happy.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww Congratulations that’s great news can relax now and have a stress free weekend ❤️
  • katho31
    So very happy for you  :):) you can chill out now and huge weight lifted off your shoulders, we knew you would get what you thoroughly deserve xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us.

Great news about your PIP and thank you for sharing with us.

I look forward to seeing you around
  • cupcake88
    Omg that’s amazing woooooo I’m so happy for you ? Enjoy the back pay . 
  • cupcake88
    Do you know when you will receive your back pay ? Do
    you have to wait much longer ? Or do you get pretty much straight away ? 
  • katho31
    Hi @cupcake88, i got my back pay within 10 days this does vary from what ive read on here but it shouldnt be too long, its such a nice feeling when you see money in your account online banking, wish you all the best, take care  :)
  • poppy123456
    That's great news! backdated money takes between 3-5 working days from the time it's paid, depending on who you bank with.
  • rubyjulie
    Thank you all for your kind comments. I was told back pay would be in my account on Monday. It's been a long haul but worth it. Anybody else going through this my advice would be hang on in there!
  • katho31
    Have a nice rest tonight  :) and thanks, also great advice from you too  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.