Tribunal correction — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal correction

CT1
CT1 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
Hi. I won my Pip appeal on the 17/06/2020 and got the letter on the 23/06. I rang the dwp as I wasn't sure what happened next. I was told that they had sent the letter back to the judge as there was an error on the letter. The judge had stated the wrong number paragraph. Its now the 25/07 and I still haven't heard anything. Any ideas what my next step is. Thanks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    All you can do is wait. Hopefully the error will be corrected soon and DWP will pay any backdated money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @CT1, hiya, my sons was a week later than yours, also with an error, we are still waiting.
  • CT1
    Hi. I understand waiting with what is happening at the moment but is it right that I should hear from the dwp within 28days and 1week as that is what the dwp last told me. Is this from the date they received the original notice or will I have to wait that amount of time from the time the receive the corrected notice. All that needs changing is the number 3 to a 4.
  • poppy123456
    Not sure what you mean about the 28 days. It's unlikely that you will receive backdated money until the error is corrected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • CT1
    The guy at the dwp told me that they have 28days and 1week to pay any money owing and to inform me of my payment dates but I don't know if he means from the date of the original letter which they are saying they received 29/06 but with the error it was sent back to the judge on the 07/07. I don't see why they can't be clearer. 20 months I have been waiting and stressing then to finally hear uve been awarded it for them to make such a silly error and then to take them weeks to sort it out is more stressful. 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Yes yes I know it’s stressful, I have decided to wait five weeks, which will be next Thursday because I believe they have 4 weeks to appeal the courts decision. So to be on the right side I have added a week. Try to keep calm luvvy and remember the longer it goes on the more backpay you will get, but I know what you mean, after waiting so long it doesn’t seem fair that then there’s an error with the paperwork, it was just a number with my son as well. X
  • CT1
    Yes my 28days and 1week they told me gives them until the 03/08 so I think am just going to wait til then and if I haven't heard anything I will be on the phone AGAIN.  The main thing for me is I don't know if they are appealing against the cecision or if its just the error the needs correcting. 
  • poppy123456
    It can take between 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money owed but this can be longer if there's an error.  The 28 days (1 month rather than 28 days)  you mention is the time they have to request the statement of reasons. I'm not aware of any timescale they have to pay backdated money.
  • CT1
    Thanks for the response Mike. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.