Awarded lcwra after mandatory — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded lcwra after mandatory

Shane2428
Shane2428 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I got awarded lcwra last week after a mandatory decision. They have its from October 2018 and after my 3 mth assessment period im due payments to start from January 2019 Im due my next payment on the 1st August 2020 and on my online statement its included thank god after a very long battle. I've asked on my online journal when I expect to receive the back pay and they said it's the case managers job to get that paid. How long do you think I will have to wait please? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Most likely about a week, sometimes a little longer. You say 3 months, it's actually from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first sent evidence of your condition. It's 3 full assessment periods so when it's backdated to will depend on when your assessment periods are and when you sent your first fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shane2428

Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shane2428 Welcome to the community, glad to have you here.

When I won my claim through tribunal the back pay took 6 weeks, but as yous was at MR and effectively DWP made the decision this should speed up the payment

Congratulations and thanks for sharing its not often we hear of success at MR
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shane2428 - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining & sharing about your award. Pleased your query has been answered, & congratulations on your success.  :)
  • Shane2428
    HI and welcome,

Most likely about a week, sometimes a little longer. You say 3 months, it's actually from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first sent evidence of your condition. It's 3 full assessment periods so when it's backdated to will depend on when your assessment periods are and when you sent your first fit note.

• Shane2428
    Hey thanks for your advice a they said on the mandatory decision letter was I'm awarded lcwra from Oct 18 2018 but after the assessment period payment will start from Jan 19 and I'm owed money from then and on my statement to be paid the 1st off this month the extra is showing but I'm still waiting for 18ths backpay. 
  • Shane2428
    HI and welcome,

• Shane2428

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.