PIP phone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP phone assessment

robertt
robertt Community member Posts: 120 Connected
Hi everyone i suffer from depression and back in February I was awarded LCWRA ,around same time I made PIP claim as I was clueless about universal credit system ,I have never claimed any disability before.
so as I’m receiving lcwra at this moment can PIP assessment affect lcwra anyhow,for instance if I won’t pass PIP will they then try to reassess me fo LCWRA again? The thing is I can still close PIP claim as the assessment is Wednesday 3 days time really,can also please somebody tell me how often LCWRA is reviewed because I haven’t received any letter or information apart from the decision on my UC journal back in February.
thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

They are both completely different benefits, with different critieria and one doesn't affect the other, at least not in a bad way.
    During the phone assessment you'll need to verify what you wrote in the form as well as any other additional information they ask.

For the work capability assessment they can reassess you anytime from 3 months. LCWRA is an ongoing award and you'll continue to receive the extra money until a decision is made with your next work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robertt
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    Hi @robertt

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

It’s great to see you have meet Poppy.

I do hope that she is able to offer you some help help/support????

@steve51
  • robertt
    Hi thank you , I got advice from poppy which I’m very satisfied with.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.