Telephone Tribunal: Experience I had — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone Tribunal: Experience I had

KeyLuke
KeyLuke Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi everyone,

so I haven’t posted on here in months life was just getting me down a bit to be honest! I hope everyone is well.

Anyway; as I had my telephone tribunal last week I wanted to take the opportunity to put down some key points in case anyone else in a similar situation may find it useful.

First; the tribunal clearly explain things over the phone and take time to explain their questions (obviously it depends on the people there) but as I can sometimes misunderstand things; I found this very calming and put me at ease.

When answering questions they gave me time to think and asked single follow up questions to help their understanding of my conditions.

The end result was a clearly explained process that was facilitated and supported by 3 individuals who wanted to understand things better.

At the end of the tribunal I was awarded standard daily living and enhanced mobility; again this was clearly explained as a what happens next to me.

I know this is 1 persons experience of the process with 3 individuals but as someone who has anxiety; I felt wrecked with worry beforehand and read news things saying how bad they were (which furthered my anxiety about it) and I also felt I was going to be challenged about knowing the appeal pack inside out; these feelings of mine were misplaced as they were so understanding of my issues and very much weren’t there to catch me out.

Advice I would give is to stick it out and not to be put off. It’s normal to have anxiety about it and I’m more then happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

Best to all,

Kian

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Morning @KeyLuke, yes i agree, i too was very anxious and filled with dread etc but the people were nice and gave me time to reply and were genuine, the build up is stressful to say the least but they did put me at ease, best wishes  :)
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @KeyLuke thanks for posting that It will be really helpful for people who are worried about their phone tribunal. Congratulations!
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    do you get a answer there and then after the tribunal ? Im glad you got awarded I hope you get all you back pay too
    asap . Im glad you stuck at it this is great advice .
  • KeyLuke
    KeyLuke Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    cupcake88 said:
    do you get a answer there and then after the tribunal ? Im glad you got awarded I hope you get all you back pay too
    asap . Im glad you stuck at it this is great advice .
    It does depend on the day. They called me back within 30 minutes to confirm. This is followed up by a decision notice from the court and tribunal service which shows the date its sent to you and the DWP
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @KeyLuke and thank you for sharing with us

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.