pip reconsiderations — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip reconsiderations

melanie2121
melanie2121 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
has anybody had areconcideration done since the end of may?

Comments

• Littledee5892
    Littledee5892 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I have just had Mr turned down, although I was awarded 4 points on the MR for mobility, which I didn't have before.
    I'm still receiving enhanced care, but don't agree with their decision not to award enhanced mobility. I was on dla full amount. Do I start a new appeal or do I do a change of circumstances with my mobility, which has deteriorated significantly over last 3months approx. Thanks for reading... 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @melanie2121 There are a lot of people posting about MR at the moment I am not too sure how long they are taking but think you should be hearing soon.

Have you contacted them to ask ?

@Littledee5892You dint need to start a  new appeal as you have done MR you can take it to tribunal for the next stage.

You could report a change in circumstances but that will prompt a whole new assessment 
  • Littledee5892
    Littledee5892 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks janer1967. Am I safer to just go to tribunal? I suffer severe mental health issues and just want the easiest way to deal with it all. I'm really worried about losing my existing pip rates... 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I personally would go to tribunal than start the whole process off again as that could end up going the same way 

As you are at the final stage I would continue 

I think you could still report a change even if you are appealing but this could complicate it as in essence there will be 2 claims running in parallel 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.