Still waiting for assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting for assessment

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
hi i put in my 1st sick note 14th feb I filled uc50 and sent it with evidence 26 March sent in more evidence 20 April I know they have received this i also just got all my latest medical records last Fri ive noticed my doctor has filled a incapacity form n return it he has said i struggle to walk i struggle to stand and struggle to pick things up also not fit for any work mentioned my depression anxiety bilateral sciatica spinal arthritis etc is this a good sign this was done middle of june  im still waiting for assessment 
Thanks ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales for how long the assessment process will take, it depends on backlog in your area. Face to face assessments are still suspended and they are mostly doing telephone assessments now.

The work capability assessment is about the work you can do rather than the work you can't do. I don't know if your conditions are a good sign because i don't know how you're affected by them and am unable to give any advice on that.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer and you'll hear something soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Oki thanks also can I ask i won pip got 5000 back pay ive allvready got 2000 universal credit has said the pip back pay they disregard for a yr is this right information 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news on the PIP. Yes, it's disreagrded for 1 year. Although if it doesn't take your savings to more than £6,000 then it's not counted anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Thanks for that just to give you another update my conditions got a whole lot worse while waiting 83 weeks for tribunal ive put a change of circumstances but this time have got help from pathways filling the forms ive sent in quite a lot more evidence since 2019 until now so I'm hoping I get what I'm intitled to this time 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.