Working and claiming pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working and claiming pip

Options
river123
river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
Can you work and still be successful on pip

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    As far as what I have read it doesn’t go on how much savings you have or what you earn but @poppy123456 will be able to help more on that subject I only just have my telephone assessment today and I was asked if I worked , when I did work , when was the last time I worked , she asked me quite abit bout if I worked my partner found that she asked the same questions but put them differently she also asked bout my education as well . As far as I know you don’t have to inform them of that but they did ask me loads to do with work . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,013 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, lots of people claim PIP and work, providing the work you do doesn't contradict the reasons why you're claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,013 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 thanks. I didn't see your comment until after i posted. PIP isn't means tested so earnings/savings/capital don't affect the amount you can claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.