PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Working and claiming pip

river123river123 Member Posts: 86 Connected
Can you work and still be successful on pip

Replies

• cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 1,002 Pioneering
    As far as what I have read it doesn’t go on how much savings you have or what you earn but @poppy123456 will be able to help more on that subject I only just have my telephone assessment today and I was asked if I worked , when I did work , when was the last time I worked , she asked me quite abit bout if I worked my partner found that she asked the same questions but put them differently she also asked bout my education as well . As far as I know you don’t have to inform them of that but they did ask me loads to do with work . 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,040 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, lots of people claim PIP and work, providing the work you do doesn't contradict the reasons why you're claiming.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,040 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 thanks. I didn't see your comment until after i posted. PIP isn't means tested so earnings/savings/capital don't affect the amount you can claim.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.