Tribunal Hearing today regarding my UC help please. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal Hearing today regarding my UC help please.

Lost
Lost Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
Hi Guys I have a hearing today over the phone about my UC 

I was in LCWRA but due to unfair examination I was placed in LCW even though my doctor has sent 2 page report how my disability effects me and why I'm physically unable to work. 

This letter was sufficient for my PIP who awarded me my PIP without actually attending any examination. But UC clearly did not accept it and I failed my face to face due to examiner writing tons of false report. I asked fir mandatory and I they agreed with examiner. Finally I have appealed the decision with tribunal and finally I have phone hearing today. 

My question is if I win any get put back to 
LCWRA will I get back pay for money I lost while waiting for this hearing ? 

Or will they just give me 
LCWRA and not back date any payment I lost ? 

Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You will receive backdated money if you're awarded LCWRA but it can take about 8 weeks to receive it. Good luck for today and please do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lost
    Thank you poppy as always helpful advice ?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Thank you for the kind words :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck for today @Lost
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi fingers crossed for your tribunal today and let us know the outcome
  • Lost
    Thanks all case has been adjourned because DWP has failed to send them files and they requested my medical history from 2019 nit sure why because doctors letter clearly states extend of my disability. 

So next week I will receive letter which I will need to give to my doctor and get paper work from them they also giving DWP 28 days to provide paper work so at the moment this is all I have. 

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    Sometimes a letter from your GP/Doctor alone isn't enough. Sounds like this is the case here and they need more medical evidence.

I know you're claiming PIP but they are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for another hearing date.
  • Lost
    Sometimes a letter from your GP/Doctor alone isn't enough. Sounds like this is the case here and they need more medical evidence.

I know you're claiming PIP but they are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for another hearing date.
    Hi Poppy 

I just got letter about case that was adjourned they said I will have oral hearing. 

Does that mean I have to attend in person ? Or will it be done over the phone again as far as I knew all face to face hearings have been suspended until further notice. 

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    A oral hearing means a telephone one, you're right, face to face hearings are still currently suspended. Good luck and do let us know the outcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.